Delaware North Companies Sportservice (DNC) and the Green Bay Packers honored several non-profit organizations for their time and dedication during the 2012 season at their annual Non-Profit Group Appreciation Banquet.
More than 440 people attended the awards banquet, which was held in the Lambeau Field Legends Club on Feb. 28, 2013.
The non-profit groups, which include service organizations and school groups, commit to working at each and every game of the season, some of them even bringing more than 30 people on a regular basis to help serve up the innovative food and beverage from DNC's concession stands and club level outlets.
In exchange for their service, groups receive a donation from DNC based on their game day concession sales. During the 2012 season, 78 non-profit groups earned more than $800,000 collectively for their causes.
"Delaware North along with the Packers are proud to work with all the groups throughout Wisconsin and to be able to give money back to the community, said DNC general manager Charlie Millerwise. "We are always looking for interested parties and with the South End Zone expansion project we anticipate needing roughly 400 more volunteers to staff the upcoming Packers season. With the help of the non-profit organizations we look forward to many more years of serving our great Packers fans on game day."
"The Packers applaud these groups for all of their hard work during the season, added Mark Murphy, Packers President/CEO. "They provide top-notch service to our fans on gameday, thanks in large part to the great training and direction they receive from DNC. We are thrilled that their hard work has resulted in donations to help further their efforts in our local communities."
The award recipients follow:
- Group of the Year($500 donation) Boy Scout Troop 81.
- GuestPath Group of the Year: ($250) Angels Autism Network.
- Outstanding Teamwork:($250) Neenah Knights of Columbus.
- Most Trained Volunteers:($250) St. John the Baptist (Howard).
- Responsible Alcohol Service: ($250) Immanuel Lutheran (Cicero).
- Group Lead of the Year:(TV) Mike Bushman of the Neenah Knights of Columbus.
- Highest Grossing Beer Liquor portable and Highest Grossing Stadium Snacks:($250) St. Mark Lutheran Church (De Pere).
- Highest Grossing Food Portable:($250) St. Paul Manawa.
- Highest Grossing Draft Picks: ($250) Luxemburg Knights of Columbus.
- Highest Grossing Pizza Stand: ($250) Hope Lutheran Church (De Pere).
- Highest Grossing Grill: ($250) UW Oshkosh Women's Softball.
The Packers are currently looking for community groups to work concessions during the 2013 season. Any groups interested in volunteering are asked to call DNC's Teri Heath at 920-965-3775.
About Delaware North Companies Sportservice
Delaware North Companies is one of the largest and most admired privately held hospitality companies in the world. Founded and owned by the Jacobs family for nearly 100 years, it is a global leader in hospitality and food service. Its family of companies includes Delaware North Companies Parks & Resorts, Delaware North Companies Gaming & Entertainment, Delaware North Companies Travel Hospitality Services, Delaware North Companies Sportservice, Delaware North Companies International and Delaware North Companies Boston, owner of TD Garden. Delaware North Companies has revenue exceeding $2.6 billion annually and 55,000 associates serving half a billion customers in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand. For more information, visit www.DelawareNorth.com.