The Green Bay Packers and Mills Fleet Farm announced plans today for the sixth annual Packers Draft Party, set for April 25 at the Lambeau Field Atrium.
The event will run from 3 to 9 p.m. (doors will open at 2 p.m.) and will feature draft coverage on two large, ultra-bright TV projection screens, and the Packers' flagship radio station, Newsradio 620 WTMJ, will be on hand to provide coverage and analysis throughout the day. The Packers have the ninth overall pick, and each club is allotted 10 minutes to make a selection in the first round. Overall, the Packers have four picks in the top 85 selections.
Tickets for the event, priced at $25, currently are on sale at 18 Wisconsin Mills Fleet Farm locations and must be purchased in person. Children ages 6 and younger are free.
Packers President/CEO Mark Murphy will greet fans prior to the start of the draft.
The Atrium once again will be a Wi-Fi "Hot Spot," allowing attendees who bring wireless-enabled laptops to log on to their favorite draft Web sites and follow the day's action online. Computer stations also will be available that will enable fans to track draft information via the Web. A limited amount of tables will have power available and a charging station also will be set up for users to recharge their laptop computer batteries.
In addition to televised draft coverage and WTMJ's radio program, the day will feature appearances by Packers players Will Blackmon, Ruvell Martin, Jordy Nelson and Aaron Rouse. Selected players will participate in a question-and-answer session on stage with WTMJ Radio as well as sign autographs for attendees via a ticketed session. Attendees will receive a ticket for one randomly assigned, two-player autograph session when entering the party.
Other features of the day include:
• Additional Club Level seating with projection TVs and flat screen TVs throughout.
• Commemorative 2009 Packers Draft Party cap for all attendees.
• Question-and-answer sessions, interactive games for kids and adults.
• Viewing opportunity of Lambeau Field from a Club Level viewing suite.
• Free entry for a chance to win door prizes, including autographed Packers items and Mills Fleet Farm gift cards.
• Draft history trivia contest.
• "Packers Garage Sale" with one-of-kind Packers items.
• Wii video game stations, offering attendees the opportunity for a friendly game.
• Food and drink will be available for purchase at Curly's Pub, Frozen in Time and Atrium eateries.
Other new elements to the Draft Party are being finalized, including an online draft contest and a special new feature that will build excitement for the weekend. Both elements will offer prizes. Details will be announced March 30.
Fans are encouraged to purchase tickets early, as a limited number are available due to the Lambeau Field Atrium's capacity.
More information, including specific Mills Fleet Farm locations, can be found online at www.packers.com/fanzone/events/draftparty. Please call the Green Bay Packers, at 920/569-7500, with further questions.