- Joined the Packers on Feb. 8, 2021.
- Has five seasons of experience in the NFL as a defensive coordinator (Detroit, 2007-08; Washington, 2015-16; Green Bay, 2021) and 20 years of coaching experience in the league.
- In his first season with Green Bay, helped the Packers rank in the top 10 in the league in total defense (No. 9, 328.2 ypg), passing defense (No. 10, 219.1 ypg), interceptions (t-No. 6, 18), takeaways (t-No. 8, 26) and defensive penalties (No. 5, 28).
- Has been a part of coaching staffs that have helped the team rank No. 1 in the league in overall defense three times during his career (2002 and 2005 with Tampa Bay, 2020 with the Los Angeles Rams).
- Spent four seasons (2017-20) with the Rams, where he was part of a staff that helped them lead the league in both scoring defense (18.5 ppg) and overall defense (281.9 ypg) in 2020, the first time in team history that the club led the NFL in both categories.
- During his two years with Washington (2015-16), helped the team rank No. 3 in the NFL in forced fumbles (39), tied for No. 10 in sacks (76.0) and tied for No. 11 in takeaways (48) over that span.
- As defensive coordinator in Detroit (2007-08), helped the Lions rank No. 1 in the league over that span in opponent fumbles recovered (34) and tied for No. 1 in forced fumbles (47).
- Coached linebackers for seven seasons (2001-06, 2009) with the Buccaneers, helping the defense to top-10 rankings in five consecutive seasons (2001-05), including No. 1 overall finishes in both 2002 and 2005.
- Tutored Hall of Fame LB Derrick Brooks during his time with the Buccaneers, helping him earn All-Pro honors from The Associated Press three times (2002, 2004-05) as well as the NFL's Defensive Player of the Year in 2002, the same season that Tampa Bay won its first Super Bowl title.