- Joined the Packers on Jan. 25, 2019.
- Oversaw the NFL's most productive pass-rushing duo in 2019 as LBs Za'Darius Smith (13.5) and Preston Smith (12.0) became the first duo in NFL history to both register 12-plus sacks in their first season as teammates.
- Spent three seasons (2016-18) with the Kansas City Chiefs, serving as outside linebackers coach in 2018 and assistant defensive line coach in 2016-17.
- Tutored LB Dee Ford in '18, who earned Pro Bowl honors after tying for No. 2 among NFL linebackers with a career-high 13 sacks and tying for the league lead with a career-best seven forced fumbles, tied for the second most in a season in team history behind only LB Derrick Thomas (eight in 1992).
- In his first season with the Chiefs in 2016, assisted with the development of DL Chris Jones, who played in all 16 games with 11 starts and was named to the PFWA All-Rookie team.
- Prior to his arrival in Kansas City, coached at his alma mater, Texas Tech, for three seasons (2013-15), serving as the co-defensive coordinator and defensive line coach in 2015 after working as the interim defensive coordinator and outside linebackers coach in 2014. Was also the co-defensive coordinator/outside LBs coach in 2013.
- Worked the previous three seasons for the New York Jets, coaching the outside linebackers in 2012 and serving as a coaching intern in 2010-11. Helped tutor LB Aaron Maybin in 2011, who led the Jets with six sacks and four forced fumbles in only 13 games of action.
- Was drafted by the Baltimore Ravens in the seventh round (No. 234 overall) of the 2005 NFL Draft out of Texas Tech and went on to play from 2005-07 for the Ravens before his career was cut short due to injuries in 2008.