- Earned first-team All-Big Ten honors from the conference's coaches as both a junior and a senior, also taking home first-team recognition from the media as a senior in 2019.
- Was a two-time recipient (2018-19) of the Hugh R. Radar Award as the University of Michigan's top offensive lineman and was named to the watch list for the Outland Trophy in 2019.
- Appeared in 32 career games with 25 starts for the Wolverines, opening 24 contests at left tackle and one at right tackle.
- Was drafted by the Packers with the first of three choices in the sixth round (No. 192 overall), the first offensive lineman selected by the team out of the University of Michigan since G Joe O'Donnell in 1963 (third round, No. 40 overall).
- Attended St. Joseph's Preparatory School in Philadelphia, Pa., where he helped the Hawks win two straight PIAA Class AAAA state titles.
- Father, Jon, was an All-Big Ten selection at Michigan in 1995 and went on to play 14 seasons in the NFL as an offensive tackle with the Houston Oilers/Tennessee Titans (1996-99), Philadelphia Eagles (2000-08) and San Diego Chargers (2009).