Quarterbacks MARK BRUNELL of the Washington Redskins, DAUNTE CULPEPPER of the Minnesota Vikings and BRETT FAVRE of the Green Bay Packers are the finalists for FedEx Express NFL Player of the Week honors for games played on October 23-24, while running backs EDGERRIN JAMES of the Indianapolis Colts, LA MONT JORDAN of the Oakland Raiders and CLINTON PORTIS of the Washington Redskins are the finalists for FedEx Ground NFL Player of the Week honors, the NFL announced today.
Fans can vote for one player in each category on NFL.com from Tuesday morning through noon EST on Friday to determine the FedEx Air & Ground NFL Players of the Week. The winners will be announced Friday afternoon on NFL.com.
Fans will be voting for more than their favorite player. For the second season in a row, the weekly FedEx Air & Ground NFL Players of the Week Awards are a win for the local community. Along with the award, FedEx will donate $5,000 every week to the local children's hospital in each winning market. The children's hospitals in the two season-long winner's markets, announced at this year's Super Bowl, will be awarded $25,000 each. That means that FedEx will deliver nearly $250,000 to local children's hospitals around the country in recognition of the FedEx Air & Ground NFL Players of the Week Award winners.
A closer look at the FedEx Express NFL Player of the Week finalists:
- Green Bay's Brett Favre completed 28 of 36 passes for 315 yards, two touchdowns (four and 22 yards) and a 121.6 passer rating in the Packers' 23-20 loss to the NFC North-rival Minnesota Vikings.
- Washington's Mark Brunell completed 13 of 20 passes for 252 yards and three touchdowns (two, 19 and 32 yards) for a passer rating of 147.9 in the Redskins' 52-17 victory over the San Francisco 49ers.
- Minnesota's Daunte Culpepper threw for 280 yards and two touchdowns (14 and 27 yards) on 23 of 31 passing for a 123.1 passer rating in the Vikings' 23-20 victory over the NFC North-rival Green Bay Packers.
A closer look at the FedEx Ground NFL Player of the Week finalists:
- Indianapolis' Edgerrin James ran for 139 yards and two touchdowns on 21 carries in the Colts' 38-20 victory over the AFC South-rival Houston Texans. James scored on touchdown runs of one and nine yards.
- Oakland's LaMont Jordan carried 28 times for 122 yards and three touchdowns in the Raiders' 38-17 victory over the Buffalo Bills. Jordan scored on runs of one, seven and 17 yards and caught four passes for 40 yards.
- Washington's Clinton Portis ran for 101 yards and three touchdowns on 19 carries in the Redskins' 52-17 victory over the San Francisco 49ers. Portis scored on runs of one, one and five yards.
FedEx, the premier global provider of transportation, e-commerce and supply-chain management services, is the Official Delivery Service Sponsor of the NFL, Super Bowl and Pro Bowl. Through the weekly FedEx Air & Ground Awards, FedEx recognizes those NFL players who represent the same speed, precision and teamwork that their customers have come to expect from the full range of FedEx air, ground, freight and international shipping services.