Quarterbacks DREW BLEDSOE of the Dallas Cowboys, TOM BRADY of the New England Patriots and BRETT FAVRE of the Green Bay Packers are the finalists for FedEx Express NFL Player of the Week honors for games played on October 9-10, while running backs SHAUN ALEXANDER of the Seattle Seahawks, TATUM BELL of the Denver Broncos and FRED TAYLOR of the Jacksonville Jaguars are the finalists for FedEx Ground NFL Player of the Week honors, the NFL announced Tuesday.
Fans can vote for one player in each category on NFL.com from Tuesday morning through noon EST on Friday to determine the FedEx Air & Ground NFL Players of the Week. The winners will be announced Friday afternoon on NFL.com.
Fans will be voting for more than their favorite player. For the second season in a row, the weekly FedEx Air & Ground NFL Players of the Week Awards are a win for the local community. Along with the award, FedEx will donate $5,000 every week to the local children's hospital in each winning market. The children's hospitals in the two season-long winner's markets, announced at this year's Super Bowl, will be awarded $25,000 each. That means that FedEx will deliver nearly $250,000 to local children's hospitals around the country in recognition of the FedEx Air & Ground NFL Players of the Week Award winners.
A closer look at the FedEx Express NFL Player of the Week finalists:
- Green Bay's Brett Favre completed 19 of 27 passes for 215 yards, three touchdowns and a passer rating of 130.9 in the Packers' 52-3 victory over the New Orleans Saints. Favre threw touchdowns of one, 25 and 26 yards.
- Dallas' Drew Bledsoe completed 24 of 35 passes for 289 yards and three touchdowns (12, 15 and 38 yards) for a passer rating of 122.2 in the Cowboys' 33-10 victory over the NFC East-rival Philadelphia Eagles.
- New England's Tom Brady threw for 350 yards, completing 22 of 27 passes with three touchdowns (33, 45 and 55 yards) and a 140.4 passer rating in the Patriots' 31-28 victory over the Atlanta Falcons.
A closer look at the FedEx Ground NFL Player of the Week finalists:
- Seattle's Shaun Alexander carried 25 times for 119 yards and two touchdowns in the Seahawks' 37-31 victory over the NFC West-rival St. Louis Rams. Alexander scored on runs of one and 18 yards.
- Denver's Tatum Bell ran for 127 yards on 12 carries in the Broncos' 21-19 victory over the Washington Redskins. Bell, who averaged more than 10 yards per carry, scored on runs of 34 and 55 yards.
- Jacksonville's Fred Taylor carried 24 times for 132 yards in the Jaguars' 23-20 victory over the previously-undefeated Cincinnati Bengals. Taylor averaged 5.5 yards per carry in the game.
FedEx, the premier global provider of transportation, e-commerce and supply-chain management services, is the Official Delivery Service Sponsor of the NFL, Super Bowl and Pro Bowl. Through the weekly FedEx Air & Ground Awards, FedEx recognizes those NFL players who represent the same speed, precision and teamwork that their customers have come to expect from the full range of FedEx air, ground, freight and international shipping services.