The Green Bay Packers are reminding Brown County residents to sign up for the chance to purchase single-game tickets for the 2006 season.
The registration period is currently underway and will run until March 15. Forms are available at the Packers' ticket office, the Packers Pro Shop and guest services desk in the Lambeau Field Atrium. Fans can fill out the form, and with the proper identification (picture I.D. and proof of Brown County residency), register in person. Residents who have already registered, recently or for the 2005 drawing, do not have to re-register.
The upcoming season will mark the fourth year that 4,000 seats per game are available to Brown County residents.
As was the case last season, if a 2005 selected resident received tickets for a preseason game is selected again to be able to purchase tickets in 2006, he or she will be guaranteed tickets to a regular-season contest.
The more than 16,000 names already on the list received confirmation postcards last week, asking for address and/or name changes and reminding other eligible household members to register.
The Packers again will rely on a computer-generated random selection process to determine who will receive tickets. Once the registration deadline passes, the Packers will conduct an initial drawing of 10,000 names. Those selected will be sent an invoice for four tickets to a yet-to-be-determined game for the 2006 season. The winners will have about 30 days to remit payment to secure tickets. A supplemental drawing will take place in April for the tickets not purchased by the initial group of winners.
When the payment deadlines has have passed, another computer-generated drawing will take place to assign each paid winner four randomly assigned seats (four adjacent seats or two pairs in close proximity) to one randomly assigned preseason or regular-season game.
The winners will be notified by mail regarding their game and seat assignment. The tickets will be mailed out prior to the first preseason game.
Eligibility requirements for the Brown County Ticket Drawing:
- Each applicant must be at least 18 years of age and a resident of Brown County.
- Each applicant must have two forms of identification: (1) a picture I.D. (driver's license or Wisconsin I.D.) and (2) a second proof of Brown County residency (such as a phone, credit card or utility bill which is billed to the applicant's residential address of record).
- Each applicant may only register for single-game tickets once (those who previously registered should not register again).
- Each winning household will be limited to purchasing four tickets for one randomly selected scheduled home game, with selection determined by a computer-generated process.
Those not eligible to register include:
- Packers' season ticket holders and their spouses.
- Owners and/or partners with a controlling interest in companies or entities that hold season tickets.
- Full-time employees of the Packers and members of their immediate families and households.
Brown County residents who previously registered for the ticket drawing, recently or for the 2005 drawing, do not have to re-register.