Fans To Vote For Winner On NFL.com
Packers cornerback Charles Woodson is a finalist for GMC SIERRA DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK honors for games played on September 14 - 15, the NFL announced today.
**Fans can vote** for one of these five players on NFL.com/gmc beginning immediately following Monday Night Football and ending on Thursday at 4:00 pm EST to determine the GMC SIERRA DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK. The winner will be announced Thursday evening on NFL.com.
After the regular season, five players will be nominated for GMC Sierra Defensive Player of the Year honors. Fans can vote for the winner on NFL.com/gmc throughout the month of January.
A closer look at the finalists:
- Green Bay's CHARLES WOODSON recorded two tackles and intercepted Lions QB Jon Kitna on back-to-back series in the fourth quarter, the first leading to a Packers' touchdown drive and the second returned 41-yards for a score in the Packers' 48 – 25 win over the Detroit Lions.
- Oakland's KIRK MORRISON made six tackles, had one sack, and defensed one pass in the Raiders' 23 – 8 win over the Kansas City Chiefs. Morrison also had a fourth-quarter interception that led to a Raiders' touchdown drive leaving only 51 seconds on the clock for the Chiefs.
- Pittsburgh's TROY POLAMALU recorded his second interception of the season, defended two passes and made one tackle for a loss to help the Steelers defeat the Cleveland Browns 10-6. Polamalu's interception prevented a Cleveland touchdown on the final play of the first half to keep the game scoreless after 30 minutes.
- New York Giants' JUSTIN TUCK made three tackles, had two sacks, defensed a pass and returned one interception 41 yards for a touchdown in the Giants' 41 – 13 win over the St. Louis Rams.
- San Francisco's PATRICK WILLIS made eight tackles, defensed a pass and returned an interception 86 yards for a touchdown to tie the game in the 49ers' 33 – 30 overtime win over the Seattle Seahawks.