Two years after he co-founded the Packers with Curly Lambeau, George Calhoun began writing a piece called The Dope Sheet, which served as the official press release and game program from 1921-24.
Honoring Calhoun, the first publicity director, the Packers are running this weekly feature in their release, which is being made available to fans exclusively on Packers.com.
A complete edition of the Dope Sheet will be available each week in PDF format, located in the Packers.com Game Centers.
Here are some highlights from the Week 12 Dope Sheet:
FAVRE NEEDS TWO FOR 10: With two touchdown passes, Brett Favre would reach 20 for a 10th straight season, matching Dan Marino's NFL record. Marino threw for at least 20 TDs from 1983-92.
FOURTH DOWN: The key play in Sunday's win at Tampa Bay was a fourth-down conversion on the Packers' game-winning drive. On both offense and defense, the Packers have performed well this season on fourth down.
- Overall on offense, the Packers are tied for second, converting 80.0 percent of fourth downs. However, with their regular offense on the field, the Packers are a perfect 4-for-4 (all on fourth-and-1). Their only failed conversion was at Chicago, Sept. 29, on a fake field goal.
- On defense, the Packers are tied for fifth, allowing just a 33.3 percent rate (2-of-6).
- The Packers are now 3-0 under Mike Sherman against the defending Super Bowl champion.
- Green Bay held the Bucs to 1 of 11 on third down. That's the Packers' best defensive mark since Nov. 10, 2002 (1 of 13 vs. Detroit). Green Bay opponents are now 4-for-their-last-24 on third down.
- The Packers also forced Tampa Bay to go "three-and-out" eight times.
- The Bucs' 10 first downs marked the fewest by a Packers opponent in more than two years (Sept. 30, 2001, at Carolina, nine).
- Josh Bidwell tied his career high (Sept. 29, 2002, vs. Carolina) with four punts inside the 20.
- Brett Favre threw for less than 100 yards in a fifth career start (including playoffs). He's now 4-1 in those games, having won four in a row.
Click here to download a PDF of the complete Week 12 Dope Sheet.