Two years after he co-founded the Packers with Curly Lambeau, George Calhoun began writing a piece called The Dope Sheet, which served as the official press release and game program from 1921-24.
Honoring Calhoun, the first publicity director, the Packers are running this weekly feature in their release, which is being made available to fans exclusively on Packers.com.
A complete edition of the Dope Sheet will be available each week in PDF format, located in the Packers.com Game Centers.
Here are some highlights from the Week 7 Dope Sheet:
FAVRE IN DOMES: Brett Favre in the Packers' 12 dome wins since 1992 (including postseason) has turned in several outstanding efforts.
- Seven of his 37 career 300-yard passing games (including playoffs) -- and seven of 17 on the road -- have come in domes.
- The third-best game of his career, and best-ever road performance (142.8 rating), came at the Louisiana Superdome in 1995.
- His second-highest single-game completion percentage (.795, 31-of-39) came at the Metrodome in 1998.
- In his 12 dome wins, he has a 100.4 rating, based on 246-of-392 passing (62.8 percent), 2,765 yards, 27 touchdowns and six interceptions.
- In 20 dome losses, he has a 68.6 rating, based on 431-of-695 passing (62.0 percent), 4,672 yards, 25 touchdowns and 42 interceptions.
WHAT'S THE RUSH?: The Packers' rushing offense (142.8 yards per game) ranks No. 5 in the NFL.
- The last time Green Bay finished a season in the Top 5 was 1967, Vince Lombardi's last year as head coach, when they finished second. The Packers haven't ranked in the Top 10 since 1972 (seventh).
- The team is averaging 4.98 yards per carry. The franchise record is 4.96 in 1961.
- No other club has scored more TD on the ground (10). Kansas City is second with nine.
- Green Bay with a rushing TD Sunday would run for a score in a sixth straight game, something the Packers haven't done since 1985-86 (seven consecutive, last four games of 1985, first three of '86).
- The Packers have executed 70 rushing plays in their last two games. The last time they called at least 70 running plays in consecutive games was 1997.
Click here to download a PDF of the complete Week 7 Dope Sheet.