The Green Bay Packers today announced the 2015 summer youth football camp schedule for children ages 6 to 14, which includes camps in 12 Wisconsin locations.
The camps provide non-contact instruction led by professional, USA Football-certified coaches and Green Bay Packers alumni, including Ahman Green, Johnnie Gray, Dexter McNabb, Bryce Paup and Bill Schroeder. Participants learn to run, throw, catch, defend and compete in the Packers way.
Packers summer youth football camps include several program options, depending on age and skill level. The Comprehensive Skills Camp is for newcomers ages 6-14, or kids that want to give football camps a try. The Accelerated Skills Camp is for team-experienced players ages 9-14. This is an "advanced classroom" within the Comprehensive Skills Camps. Private Instruction camps are also available, during which students receive position-specific football training from an expert coach.
For the second summer, the Packers have partnered with USA Football to bring Heads Up Football curriculum to the camp program. The Heads Up program teaches tackle-bound players proper techniques for blocking and tackling so they play better, safer football. For more information on USA Football and Heads Up Football, please visit www.usafootball.com.
Below is the 2015 summer youth football camp schedule. All camps run from either 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. or 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. each day. Camp prices start at $225. For more information, visit www.PackersCamps.com, or call 866-246-9800.
June 15 to June 19
- Madison: Abundant Life Christian School, 4901 E. Buckeye Rd., from 8:30 to 11:30 a.m.
- Mequon: Trinity Lutheran School, 10729 W. Freistadt Rd., from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
June 22 to June 26
- Franklin: Milwaukee County Sports Complex, 6000 W. Ryan Rd., from 8:30 to 11:30 a.m.
- Sheboygan: South High School, 3128 S. 12th St., from 8:30 to 11:30 a.m.
- Waukesha: Heyer Elementary School, 1209 Heyer Dr., from 8:30 to 11:30 a.m.
July 6 to July 10
- Kenosha: Kenosha YMCA, 7101 53rd St., from 8:30 to 11 a.m.
- Oconomowoc: YMCA at Pabst Farms, 1750 E. Valley Rd., from 8:30 to 11:30 a.m.
- Oshkosh: Oshkosh Community YMCA, 3303 W. 20th Ave., from 8:30 to 11:30 a.m.
July 13 to July 17
- Glendale: Nicolet High School, 6701 N. Jean Nicolet Rd., from 8:30 to 11: 30 a.m.
- Green Bay: Ashwaubenon High School, 2391 South Ridge Rd., from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
July 20 to July 24
- Elm Grove: Elm Grove Lutheran School, 945 Terrace Dr., from 8:30 to 11:30 a.m.
- Middleton: KEVA Sports Center, 8312 Forsynthia St., from 8:30 to 11:30 a.m.