- Nov. 16, 2021: Packers stock sale underway; $300 shares to support Lambeau Field projects
- Nov. 19, 2021: Packers stock offering now available in Canada
- The offering document and purchasing information are available online at www.packersstock.com.
The Green Bay Packers today announced preliminary details for the organization's upcoming stock offering, just the sixth in its history, which will commence, Tuesday, Nov. 16, at 8 a.m. CST.
More information, including the formal offering document, will be available when the offering commences. Interested fans will be able to access the full information tomorrow online at www.packers.com.
"We appreciate the interest that fans have expressed in our sixth stock offering," said Packers President/CEO Mark Murphy. "While we are not yet in a position to fully discuss the offering, we do have some initial information that we can share for fans to consider. We look forward to formally launching the offering tomorrow.
"Fans can look to Packers.com tomorrow for full details."
Following is a list of details currently available:
- The price per share will be $300, and there will be a handling fee similar to the handling fee in the last offering.
- The offering will initially be limited to persons in the United States, as well as Guam, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, subject to completing regulatory processes in certain states.
- Shares will be able to be purchased online with credit cards, debit cards, or electronic bank transfers, or with personal check or cashier's check by mail.
- Only individuals (including spouses as joint tenants) will be able to purchase shares; individuals can purchase shares as a gift for other individuals.
- The Packers will offer 300,000 shares.
- No one may buy more than 200 shares (counting any shares that the person purchased in the 1997-1998 and 2011-2012 offerings).
- The offering will continue until Feb. 25, 2022, subject to extension.
In contemplation of the offering, interested fans should note:
- Stock in the Packers does not constitute an investment in "stock" in the common sense of the term.
- The Packers will have no obligation to repay the amount a buyer pays to purchase Packers stock.
- Anyone considering the purchase of Packers stock should not purchase the stock to make a profit or to receive a dividend or tax deduction or any other economic benefits.
- Any offering of Packers stock will only be made through an offering document.
- The Packers believe offerees and purchasers of Packers stock will not receive the protection of securities laws with respect to any offering or sale of Packers stock.
- The Packers bylaws and NFL rules severely restrict transfers of Packers stock.