The Green Bay Packers today announced plans for the seventh 'Green Bay Packers Tailgate Tour,' set for May 15-19, 2012, to travel around Wisconsin to visit with fans and thank them in person for their support.
The tour will make stops in La Crosse(May 15), Madison (May 16), Kenosha (May 17), Cedarburg/Grafton(May 18) and Sturgeon Bay(May 19), with evening tailgate parties held in each city to support a local non-profit organization.
Tour celebrities will include Packers President/CEO Mark Murphy, players Mason Crosby and Jordy Nelson, and Packers Hall of Famers William Henderson, Larry McCarren and Marco Rivera.
The tour will take place aboard a customized motor coach emblazoned with the logo "Green Bay Packers Tailgate Tour" and the phrase "Touching Down in Your Community." In addition to the designated locations, tour celebrities will make surprise stops as the schedule allows.
The evening tailgate parties will welcome the players and alumni arriving at each location at 6 p.m., and will run until 8:30 p.m. A local non-profit organization will host each party which will feature food, giveaways, question-and-answer sessions and autographs. Tailgate party tickets will cost $30.
General admission tickets also will be available for $5, which includes access to the Q-and-A sessions as well as tailgate party activities. Food and beverage will be available for purchase. Due to space limitations, no general admission tickets will be available in Kenosha.
One hundred percent of the Tailgate Tour proceeds will benefit the hosting organizations.
"The organization is very excited to start the Tailgate Tour experience once again," said Packers President/CEO Mark Murphy. "Our fan's commitment to the tour, much like their commitment to the team throughout the season, is what drives it to be the success that it has grown to be and support great organizations throughout the state."
Tickets for the tailgate parties will go on sale April 2. 'Green Bay Packers Tailgate Tour' evening tailgate party locations, hosting organizations and ticket information are as follows: (6 to 8:30 p.m. in each city):
- La Crosse: Oktoberfest Southside Fest-grounds. To benefit the Children of the Heart. Tickets on sale at Festival Foods locations at 1260 Crossing Meadows drive, Onalaska, and 2500 State Rd., La Crosse, in the Village Shopping Center.
- Madison: Alliant Center. To benefit theRonald McDonald House Charities. Tickets on sale only through www.TicketWeb.com, TicketMaster, or by calling 866-777-8932.
- Kenosha: Boys & Girls Club of Kenosha. To benefit Boys & Girls Club of Kenosha. Tickets on sale at Boys & Girls Club of Kenosha, 1330 52nd St.
- Cedarburg/Grafton: Grafton High School. To benefit Portal, Inc. Tickets on sale at Portal, Inc., 1015 Cedar Creek Rd., Grafton, with information available at www.portalinc.org.
- Sturgeon Bay: Sunset Park. To benefit Habitat for Humanity. Tickets on sale at Marchant's Foods, County Highway DK, Brussels; Main Street Market, 7770 State Rd. 42, Egg Harbor; Pick n' Save,1847 Egg Harbor Rd., Sturgeon Bay; and Door County Habitat for Humanity, 410 N. 14th Ave., Sturgeon Bay.
Fans interested in 'Tailgate Tour' details are encouraged to visit www.packers.com often as tour information will be updated as the dates near.