The Packers' roster is down to 53 players. The roster was reduced from 75 to the mandatory 53 on Saturday, so here are things as they currently stand:
QB (3): 12 Aaron Rodgers, 16 Scott Tolzien, 7 Brett Hundley
RB (5): 27 Eddie Lacy, 44 James Starks, 30 John Kuhn, 22 Aaron Ripkowski, 46 Alonzo Harris
*Released: 34 Rajion Neal, 38 John Crockett
WR (5): 18 Randall Cobb, 17 Davante Adams, 88 Ty Montgomery, 83 Jeff Janis, 19 Myles White
*Injured reserve: 87 Jordy Nelson
Released: 5 Ed Williams, 84 Jared Abbrederis
Waived/injured: 11 Larry Pinkard
TE (3): 89 Richard Rodgers, 81 Andrew Quarless, 86 Kennard Backman
Released: 80 Justin Perillo, 85 Mitchell Henry
OL: (9): 69 David Bakhtiari, 71 Josh Sitton, 63 Corey Linsley, 70 T.J. Lang, 75 Bryan Bulaga, 67 Don Barclay, 73 JC Tretter, 65 Lane Taylor, 79 Josh Walker
Released: 60 Jeremy Vujnovich, 72 Garth Gerhart, 74 Matt Rotheram, 77 Andy Phillips
DL (5): 76 Mike Daniels, 90 B.J. Raji, 64 Mike Pennel, 93 Josh Boyd, 99 Bruce Gaston
*Reserve/suspended: 95 Datone Jones, 98 Letroy Guion
Released: 94 Khyri Thornton, 97 Christian Ringo
LB (9): 52 Clay Matthews, 58 Sam Barrington, 47 Jake Ryan, 56 Julius Peppers, 96 Mike Neal, 53 Nick Perry, 91 Jayrone Elliott, 55 Andy Mulumba, 51 Nate Palmer
*Released: 43 James Vaughters, 48 Joe Thomas, 54 Carl Bradford
Waived/injured: 59 Jermauria Rasco
CB (7): 37 Sam Shields, 29 Casey Hayward, 23 Damarious Randall, 24 Quinten Rollins, 33 Micah Hyde, 36 LaDarius Gunter, 39 Demetri Goodson
Released: 25 Tay Glover-Wright, 31 Ryan White
S (4): 42 Morgan Burnett, 21 Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, 28 Sean Richardson, 32 Chris Banjo
Released: 20 Jean Fanor
Spec (3): 2 Mason Crosby, 8 Tim Masthay, 61 Brett Goode
Here are some noteworthy items:
- For the first time since 2010, the Packers will begin the season with two fullbacks, veteran John Kuhn and rookie Aaron Ripkowski. With fullbacks considered somewhat interchangeable with tight ends in the Packers' offense, only three tight ends are on the roster, for a total of five at those two positions.
- Micah Hyde is officially listed on the roster as a DB (defensive back), because he plays both cornerback and safety. He is listed here as a CB.
- In the trenches, the Packers kept nine offensive linemen, more than they've kept in recent years. Conversely, they kept only five defensive linemen, but Datone Jones and Letroy Guion can return from their suspensions in one and three weeks, respectively.
- Two undrafted rookies made the roster in RB Alonzo Harris and CB LaDarius Gunter.
- The roster is not necessarily final. Waiver claims can be made through Sunday afternoon, and room must be made on the 53-man roster for any player claimed on waivers. Once the 24-hour waiver period expires, teams can begin establishing their 10-man practice squads.
See headshots and action shots of the complete Green Bay Packers 2015 roster