The Green Bay Packers and Levy Restaurants at Lambeau Field Wednesday night presented awards to outstanding concession stand operators from the 2005 season. More than 300 people attended the awards ceremony in the Legends Club at the Lambeau Field Atrium.
More than 60 organizations help staff the 60 concession stands at Lambeau Field. Through the work of the volunteers in 2005, more than $700,000 was raised to support the respective causes of each group.
Scott Kleckner, director of operations for Levy Restaurants at Lambeau Field, and John Jones, the Green Bay Packers' Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, were on hand to address the attendees and present the awards. With the awards, each group or individual received a monetary donation for the group.
The award recipients follow:
- Group with Highest Training Attendance ($250 donation): St. Mark Lutheran Church and School
- Best New Group ($500): St. Mark Lutheran Church and School
- Group with Closest Sales to Cash ($500): Green Bay Preble High School Cheerleading Team
- Outstanding Group Leader ($100): Karen Borchardt of Today's Youth
- Group of the Year ($1000): St. Norbert College students working on behalf of Zambia Open Community Schools in sub-Saharan Africa