With the dedication of the new Lambeau Field just months away, Brown County residents will have a final opportunity to register to purchase individual game tickets for the upcoming Packers season. The registration period will run March 18-31, with registration forms available at a number of locations within Brown County.
"When the Packers promised to make 4,000 seats per game available to Brown County residents, we also tried to keep the registration process as simple as possible," said Packers Director of Ticket Operations Mark Wagner. "We've already had several registration events. This final sign-up period offers more flexibility for those who couldn't register earlier."
Registration forms for the ticket drawing are available at Shopko stores (Customer Service desks) and Associated Bank locations in Brown County. Fans are encouraged to pick up a form, fill it out, and then bring the form and proper identification to the Packers Pro Shop or the Packers ticket office. The registration deadline is March 31.
"The Brown County ticket program is a way of saying thanks to our hometown fans for supporting the Lambeau Field renovation project," said Packers President Bob Harlan. "Now with this great project nearing completion, we want to be sure that everyone who is interested in the Brown County tickets has a chance to sign up."
The Packers will rely on a computer-generated random selection process to determine who will receive tickets. Once the registration deadline passes, the Packers will conduct an initial drawing of 10,000 names. Those selected will be sent an invoice for four tickets to a yet-to-be-determined game for the 2003 season. The winners will have about 30 days to remit payment to secure tickets. A supplemental drawing will take place for the tickets not purchased by the initial group of winners.
When the payment deadlines have passed, another computer-generated drawing will take place to assign each paid winner four randomly assigned seats (four adjacent seats or two pairs in close proximity) to one randomly assigned preseason or regular season game. The seats are all in the new area of the seating bowl at Lambeau Field.
The winners will be notified by mail regarding their game and seat assignment. The tickets will be mailed out prior to the first preseason game.
"We think we've come up with a fair way to distribute the tickets," Harlan said. "We're excited to be able to do this and we know there are excited fans hoping to get a chance to see the Packers play at Lambeau."
Eligibility requirements for the Brown County Ticket Drawing include:
- Each applicant must be at least 18 years of age and a resident of Brown County.
- Each applicant must have two forms of identification: (1) a picture ID (driver's license or Wisconsin I.D.) and (2) a second proof of Brown County residency (such as a phone, credit card or utility bill which is billed to the applicant's residential address of record).
- Each applicant may only register for single-game tickets once (those who previously registered should not register again).
- Each winning household will be limited to purchasing four tickets for one randomly selected scheduled home game, with selection determined by a computer-generated process.
Those not eligible to register include:
- Packers' season ticket holders and their spouses.
- Owners and/or partners with a controlling interest in companies or entities that hold season tickets.
- Full-time employees of Packers and their immediate families and householders.
Brown County residents who previously registered for the ticket drawing do not have to re-register. More than 11,000 individuals and families signed up during the previous registrations; that's more than 12% of the households in the county.