The Green Bay Packers this spring awarded 18 youth football programs throughout Wisconsin with the Packers Youth Football Matching Grant, each valued at $1,000. The grants will be used toward equipment, uniforms and improvement of football facilities.
All youth football programs in the state of Wisconsin (flag or tackle) were eligible to apply for the grant, and each were required to verify that they would raise $1,000 of their own funds in order to secure the matching grant.
The funds were secured through the NFL Foundation and the 2018 NFL Club Matching Youth/High School Football Program Grant. The program allows NFL club foundations to address and promote player health and safety initiatives at the youth level, identify youth and high school football needs and growth opportunities, and assist fellow NFL clubs to replicate successful and creative youth football initiatives nationwide.
The programs selected include:
- Angels Youth Football Association, Racine
- Falcon Athletics, Green Bay
- Fox Valley Pop Warner, Appleton
- Horicon Youth Football, Horicon
- Iola-Scandinavia Firebirds, Iola
- Lake Mills Area School District, Lake Mills
- Menasha Bluejay Middle School Football, Menasha
- MKE Buccaneers Football and Cheerleaders, Milwaukee
- Neighborhood Children's Sports League, Milwaukee
- New Lisbon Youth Football, New Lisbon
- Northwest Wisconsin Champions, Eau Claire
- Oconto Falls Youth Football, Oconto Falls
- Reedsburg Youth Football, Reedsburg
- RYS U11-U12 BENGALS, Racine
- Seneca-Wauzeka-Steuben Blue Golds, Wauzeka
- Sheboygan Falls United Football League, Sheboygan Falls
- St Francis Xavier Youth Football, Cross Plains
- The Show 7v7 Football, Milwaukee
The Packers Youth Football Matching Grant is part of Green Bay Packers Give Back, the Packers’ all-encompassing community outreach initiative, which includes the Green Bay Packers Foundation, appearances made by players, alumni, coaches and staff, youth football outreach, cash and in-kind donations, Make-A-Wish visits, and community events.
About The NFL Foundation: The National Football League Foundation is the league’s nonprofit organization representing the 32 NFL clubs. Its mission is to support the health, safety and wellness of athletes, youth football and the communities that support the game. For more information on The NFL Foundation, visit: www.NFLFoundation.org.