The Green Bay Packers today honored several exemplary local law enforcement officers as winners of the Packers Protect & Serve Award, recognizing them for going above and beyond the call of duty within the state of Wisconsin.
The winners received a special award and a $2,000 grant to benefit their department or a nonprofit. They were treated to a luncheon and an award presentation, as well as speeches from Packers President/CEO Mark Murphy, Pro Football Hall of Famer LeRoy Butler, and De Pere Chief of Police Jeremy Muraski. Award winners attended with their family members, friends, fellow officers and superiors.
The winners of the individual awards, the K-9 award, the school resource officer award and the department award include:
- Conservation Warden Erik Anderson from the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources in the Milwaukee County area.
- Ashley Coopman from Pulaski
- Lieutenant Jeff Engelbrecht from the Green Bay Police Department
- Officer Seth Fohr and Officer Nancy Dehmlow from the Park Falls Police Department
- Detective David Graf from the Green Bay Police Department
- Detective Sergeant Mathew Guth from the De Pere Police Department
- Patrol Supervisor Adam Jurgens from the Kenosha Police Department
- Officer Josiah Kaetterhenry from the Wausau Police Department
- Deputy Kyle Mason from the Brown County Sheriff's Office
- Officer Noah Narlock from the Port Washington Police Department
- Conservation Warden Patrick (Mike) Neal from the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources in the northeast region.
- Sergeant Jared Prado from the Madison Police Department
- K-9 Officer Pyro and his handler, Officer Scott Salzmann, from the Green Bay Police Department
- School Resource Officer Nick Stetzer from the Wausau Police Department
- The De Pere Police Department
The awards themselves, hand-crafted wooden American flags, were made by Oneida Police Sergeant Nathan Ness through his small business HomeLeeWoodWorking.
The Packers Protect & Serve Award is funded by the Packers and the NFL Foundation, with each award recipient receiving a $2,000 grant to benefit his or her department or a nonprofit with which they are involved.
The Packers Protect & Serve Award is part of Green Bay Packers Give Back, the Packers' all-encompassing community outreach initiative. Combined with other Green Bay Packers charity endeavors, the awards contribute to a comprehensive Packers charity impact that was in excess of $9 million last year.
The Green Bay Packers honored the winners of the Protect & Serve Award with a luncheon and award presentation at the Johnsonville Tailgate Village on Monday, May 15, 2023.