GREEN BAY (6-6) VS SEATTLE (8-3-1)
Sunday, Dec. 11 l Lambeau Field l 3:25 p.m. CST
The Green Bay Packers will take on the Seattle Seahawks at home on Sunday. Green Bay leads the all-time series, 11-8, including 2-1 in the postseason.
- Including the postseason, Sunday will be the fifth time the two teams have played since 2012. The Packers beat the Seahawks at home last season, 27-17, in Week 2.
- Green Bay is 9-3 against the Seahawks at home during the regular and postseason, including six straight wins.
- Seattle is playing at Green Bay for just the third time ever in December (1990, 2009).
- The Packers and Seahawks are the only two teams in the NFC to make the playoffs each of the past four seasons.
- The Packers have won three of four home games against NFC teams this season. Green Bay's 3-1 home record against the NFC is tied for the third-best record among NFC teams this season, trailing only Seattle and Detroit, who are both 4-0.
- Under Head Coach Mike McCarthy, Green Bay is 84-43-1 during the regular season against NFC opponents. The Packers' 84 wins and .660 winning percentage both rank No. 1 among NFC teams over that span.=
- Since 2006, the Packers are 48-15-1 at home during the regular season agianst NFC teams. The 48 wins and .758 winning percentage are No. 1 in the NFC.
- Green Bay has only given up 13.0 points per game over the last two weeks, tied for the fourth fewest in the NFL over that span.
- In a snowy Week 13 victory, Green Bay registered seven offensive plays of 10-plus yards in the fourth quarter, including three plays 20-plus yards.
- QB Aaron Rodgers has multiple passing touchdowns in seven straight games, the second-longest active streak in the NFL (Titans QB Marcus Mariota, eight).
- Green Bay has had one or more players register 10-plus receptions and/or 100-plus receiving yards in nine of the last 10 games.
- The Packers have scored 21 or more points in nine of the last 10 games. Dating back to Week 3, they are tied for the most 21-plus-point games in the NFL (Atlanta Falcons, Dallas Cowboys, New England, San Diego) according to pro-football-reference.com.
- The Packers will finish the regular season with four games against NFC foes, including the last three against division opponents.
- Next week, Green Bay goes back on the road when it travels to Chicago to take on the Bears. It will be the first time the Packers have played in Chicago in December since 2013, a 33-28 Green Bay victory.
WITH THE CALL
FOX Sports, now in its 23rd season as an NFL network television partner, will broadcast the game to the majority of the country.
- Play-by-play man Joe Buck joins analyst Troy Aikman and sideline reporter Erin Andrews.
- Milwaukee's WTMJ (620 AM), airing Green Bay games since November 1929, heads up the Packers Radio Network that is made up of 50 stations in five states. Wayne Larrivee (play-by-play) and two-time Packers Pro Bowler Larry McCarren (analyst) call the action. McCarren first joined the team's broadcasts in 1995 and enters his 22nd season calling Packers games. After originally being paired together in 1999, McCarren and Larrivee enter their 18th season of broadcasts together.
- SportsUSA Radio will air the game on radio across the country. Wayne Randazzo (play-by-play) and Hank Bauer (analyst) will call the action.
- The broadcast is also available on Sirius Satellite Radio (WTMJ feed).
- DIRECTV subscribers can watch the game on Channel 716.
THE DOPE ON THIS WEEK'S OPPONENT:
Packers vs. Seahawks:
- All-time, Regular season: 9-7-0
- All-time, Postseason: 2-1
- All-time, in Green Bay: 7-1-0
- Streaks: The Packers halted Seattle's three-game winning streak in the series with a win in Week 2 last season.
- Last meeting, regular season: Sept. 20, 2015; Packers won, 27-17, Lambeau Field
Mike McCarthy: 118-68-1, .634 (incl. 8-7 postseason); 11th NFL season
Pete Carroll: 110-76-1, .591; 11th NFL season
Head to Head: Carroll 3-1
vs. Opponent: McCarthy 4-4 vs. Seahawks; Carroll 3-3 vs. Packers
MIKE McCARTHY…Is in his 11th year as the Packers' 14th head coach.
- Joined Vince Lombardi and Mike Holmgren as the only coaches to guide the Packers to a Super Bowl title with a win over Pittsburgh in Super Bowl XLV.
- Led the Packers to their seventh consecutive playoff appearance last season, joining New England as the only two NFL teams to do so over that span. Has also led the team to eight playoff appearances in the last nine years (2007, 2009-15).
- Guided the Packers to top-10 finishes in scoring in eight straight seasons (2007-14), joining the Patriots as the only other team to accomplish the feat over that time; Packers finished first overall in scoring in 2014.
- His .642 winning percentage during the regular season (110-61-1) ranks No. 3 among active NFL head coaches (min. 50 games).
- Had 104 regular-season wins in his first 10 seasons as a head coach, ranking No. 3 in NFL history.
PETE CARROLL…Is in his sixth year as the Seahawks' eighth head coach.
- Built a defense that became just the fourth in league annals to lead the league in points and yards allowed in consecutive years (2013-14).
- Guided the Seahawks to a win in Super Bowl XLVIII with the youngest Super Bowl-winning roster in NFL history (26 years, 162 days).
- Since 2010, the Carroll-led Seahawks have allowed an NFL low 17.8 points per game.
- Led the Seahawks to become the 22nd team to advance to the postseason after having a losing record through nine games in 2015.
- Coached Southern California to back-to-back national titles in 2003 and 2004, maintaining the No. 1 ranking throughout the 2004 season.
THE PACKERS-SEAHAWKS SERIES
- For a span of eight head-to-head meetings from 1996-2008, Mike Holmgren was the head coach for one of the teams.
- Of the three postseason matchups between the teams, only the Packers' 42-20 win in 2007 NFC Divisional Playoff was decided in regulation.
- Since Seattle's shift to the NFC due to realignment in 2002, the two teams have met 11 times (including playoffs). They met in six of seven seasons from 2003-09, with 2004 being the lone exception.
- Seattle's only victory in Green Bay came on Nov. 1, 1999, when the Seahawks won 27-7.
- The Packers are 10-0 against Seattle when scoring 25-plus points.
Packers executive vice president, general manager & director of football operations Ted Thompson spent 2000-04 as Seattle's vice president of football operations...Seattle executive vice president/general manager John Schneider was with the Packers for 13 years as a personnel intern (1992), scout (1993-96), personnel analyst to the general manager (2002-07) and director of football operations (2008-09)...Schneider worked under Thompson in Seattle in 2000 and attended Abbot Pennings High in De Pere, Wis. ...Green Bay associate head coach/linebackers Winston Moss played the final three seasons (1995-97) of his career in Seattle and started his coaching career with the Seahawks in 1998...Seahawks offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell (2000-05) and assistant offensive line coach Pat Ruel (2001-02) coached for Green Bay...Bevell played quarterback at Wisconsin and in 1993 led the Badgers to their first-ever Rose Bowl victory...Green Bay assistant director of pro personnel Tim Terry played for Seattle for three seasons (2000-02)...Packers RB Christine Michael was selected by Seattle in the second round of the 2013 NFL Draft and played for the Seahawks from 2013-14 before being traded to Dallas in September 2015 and re-signed by Seattle in December 2015...Seattle assistant running backs & assistant special teams coach Chad Morton was the Packers' coaching administrator in 2009 and special teams assistant from 2010-13...Seattle P Jon Ryan was originally signed by the Packers as an undrafted free agent in 2006, playing for Green Bay from 2006-07...Seahawks WR Tanner McEvoy (2013-15) and QB Russell Wilson (2011) played at Wisconsin...Packers LB Jayrone Elliott and Seattle DE Frank Clark were Glenville High teammates in Cleveland from 2007-09...Schneider and Packers vice president of football administration/player finance Russ Ball worked together in Washington and in Kansas City...Seattle assistant strength and conditioning coach Mondray Gee coached in Green Bay from 2008-09...Green Bay head coach Mike McCarthy, special teams coordinator Ron Zook and director of player personnel Brian Gutekunst worked with Schneider in Kansas City (1997-99)...Green Bay LB Julius Peppers played with Seattle assistant defensive backs coach Ricky Manning Jr. in Carolina (2003-05)...McCarthy coached in New Orleans in 2000 when Morton played for the Saints...In Oakland, Green Bay secondary-safeties coach Darren Perry was colleagues with Seahawks assistant head coach/offensive line Tom Cable and special teams coordinator Brian Schneider from 2007-08...Morton and Perry played in New Orleans together in 2000...Seattle DT Tony McDaniel played in Tampa Bay with Green Bay P Jacob Schum in 2015...From 1984-85, Packers defensive coordinator Dom Capers coached with Seahawks quarterbacks coach Carl Smith with the Philadelphia/Baltimore Stars (USFL)...Capers and Seattle defensive line coach Travis Jones were colleagues in Miami from 2006-07...Green Bay defensive quality control coach Ejiro Evero coached Seattle DE Michael Bennett in Tampa Bay (2009) and FB Will Tukuafu in San Francisco (2011-13)...Seahawks assistant defensive backs & assistant special teams coach Nick Sorenson was a training camp intern for the 49ers in 2012 when Evero was with San Francisco...Packers LB Clay Matthews (2005-08) and LB Nick Perry (2009) were coached at Southern California by Seattle head coach Pete Carroll...Seahawks assistant head coach/defense Rocky Seto also coached Matthews (2005) and Perry (2009) at Southern California...Seattle DE Cassius Marsh was UCLA teammates with Packers DT Kenny Clark (2013), QB Brett Hundley (2012-13) and DE/LB Datone Jones (2011-12)...Perry and Seahawks RB George Farmer were Southern California teammates in 2011...Seattle WR Paul Richardson played at Colorado from 2010-11 with Packers T David Bakhtiari...Green Bay FB Joe Kerridge and LB Jake Ryan played at Michigan with Clark from 2012-14...Seattle DE Damontre Moore (2010-12) and FS Steven Terrell (2009-12) played together with Michael at Texas A&M...Packers C Corey Linsley was Ohio State teammates with Seahawks S Tyvis Powell (2013) and TE Nick Vannett (2012-13)...Green Bay defensive line coach Mike Trgovac and Seattle running backs coach Sherman Smith are both from Youngstown, Ohio.
LAST MEETING, REGULAR SEASON
Sept. 20, 2015, Lambeau Field, Packers won, 27-17
- QB Aaron Rodgers completed 25 of 33 passes (75.8 percent) for 249 yards and two TDs (116.9 passer rating).
- WR Randall Cobb had game highs in receptions (eight) and receiving yards (116)
- WR Doug Baldwin had seven catches for 92 yards (13.1 avg.) and a TD.
- LB Jayrone Elliott intercepted a Russell Wilson fourth-quarter pass to help the Packers seal the victory.