The Packers' roster is down to 53 players. It was reduced from 75 to the mandatory 53 on Saturday, so here are things as they currently stand:
QB (3): 12 Aaron Rodgers, 7 Brett Hundley, 6 Joe Callahan*
Released: 9 Marquise Williams*
RB (4): 27 Eddie Lacy, 44 James Starks, 22 Aaron Ripkowski, 34 Brandon Burks*
Released: 46 Brandon Ross, 40 Alstevis Squirewell*
WR (7): 87 Jordy Nelson, 18 Randall Cobb, 17 Davante Adams, 83 Jeff Janis, 88 Ty Montgomery, 84 Jared Abbrederis, 11 Trevor Davis*
Released: 81 Geronimo Allison, 16 Herb Waters*
TE (3): 89 Jared Cook, 82 Richard Rodgers, 80 Justin Perillo*
Released: 49 Casey Pierce*
OL: (8): 70 T.J. Lang, 75 Bryan Bulaga, 73 JC Tretter, 69 David Bakhtiari, 78 Jason Spriggs, 65 Lane Taylor, 67 Don Barclay, 68 Kyle Murphy*
Physically unable to perform: 63 Corey Linsley
Released: 71 Josh Sitton, 62 Lucas Patrick*
*Injured reserve: 77 Kyle Steuck*
DL (5): 76 Mike Daniels, 98 Letroy Guion, 97 Kenny Clark, 94 Dean Lowry, 99 Christian Ringo*
Reserve/suspended: 64 Mike Pennel
Released: 96 Brian Price
Injured reserve: 90 Tyler Kuder*
See headshots and action shots of the complete Green Bay Packers 2016 roster
LB (9)*: 52 Clay Matthews, 56 Julius Peppers, 53 Nick Perry, 95 Datone Jones, 91 Jayrone Elliott, 51 Kyler Fackrell, 47 Jake Ryan, 50 Blake Martinez, 48 Joe Thomas
Released: 58 Sam Barrington, 54 Carl Bradford, 93 Reggie Gilbert, 43 Beniquez Brown*
CB (6): 37 Sam Shields, 23 Damarious Randall, 24 Quinten Rollins, 36 LaDarius Gunter, 28 Josh Hawkins, 20 Makinton Dorleant*
Reserve/suspended: 39 Demetri Goodson
Released: 31 Robertson Daniel, 26 Warren Gatewood*
S (6): 42 Morgan Burnett, 21 Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, 33 Micah Hyde, 32 Chris Banjo, 29 Kentrell Brice, 25 Marwin Evans*
Released: 35 Jermaine Whitehead*
Spec (2): 2 Mason Crosby, 10 Jake Schum*
Released: 59 Rick Lovato*
Here are some noteworthy items:
- The Packers' 53-man roster consists of 25 offensive players, 26 defensive players and two specialists. They currently don't have a long-snapper on the roster after Lovato's release.
- Six undrafted rookies are the most the Packers have kept in Ted Thompson's 11 years as general manager. At least one undrafted rookie has made the Packers' 53 since Thompson was hired in 2005.
- The Packers had at least one undrafted rookie cornerback (Hawkins and Dorleant) and one running back (Burks) make the initial roster for the second consecutive year after CB LaDarius Gunter and RB Alonzo Harris did so last year.
- Hawkins had five tackles and two interceptions during the preseason with his second pick coming in Thursday night's finale in Kansas City.
- Burks made the team after leading the Packers in rushing during the preseason with 31 carries for 120 yards and a touchdown. The Packers kept three quarterbacks on their active roster for the third consecutive season.
- This is the first time in three training camps with the Packers that tight end Justin Perillo and linebacker Joe Thomas have made the initial 53-man roster.
- The Packers placed center Corey Linsley (hamstring) on the regular-season physically unable to perform list, sidelining him for at least the first six games of the regular season.
- Defensive lineman Christian Ringo, a sixth-round pick in 2015, made the 53-man roster after spending all of last season on the Packers' practice squad. The Packers kept five defensive linemen for the third consecutive season after carrying eight into the season in 2013.
- Micah Hyde is officially listed on the roster as a DB (defensive back), because he plays both cornerback and safety. He is listed here as a S.
- Green Bay native Kyle Steuck, who was signed on Aug. 14, was placed on injured reserve. He played eight snaps against Kansas City on Thursday night before being carted off in the fourth quarter.
- Thirty-seven of the 53 players who made the team spent time on the Packers' active roster in 2015. The rest of the roster is comprised of all seven 2016 draft choices, six undrafted rookies, one street free agent (Cook), one waiver claim (Schum) and one former practice-squad player (Ringo).
- The Packers released 17 players, placed two on injured reserve, two on reserve/suspended and one on physically unable to perform to reduce the roster from 75 to 53.
The roster is not necessarily final. Waiver claims can be made through Sunday afternoon, and room must be made on the 53-man roster for any player claimed on waivers. Once the 24-hour waiver period expires, teams can begin establishing their 10-man practice squads.