The Green Bay Packers Wednesday named 10 Community Quarterback Award winners and five Jr. Community Quarterback Award winners and honored the recipients at a dinner in the Legends Club inside the Lambeau Field Atrium.
The recipients were recognized for their work in the community. Each Community Quarterback Award winner received a $2,000 grant for his/her non-profit group and each Jr. Community Quarterback Award winner received a $1,000 grant for his/her non-profit group.
Funded by NFL Charities, the Green Bay Packers Community Quarterback (21 and older) and Jr. Community Quarterback Awards (under 21) recognize community volunteers who demonstrate leadership, dedication and a commitment to bettering their communities. The nomination process is fulfilled by charitable organizations that nominate their distinguished volunteers. A selection committee then is appointed by each NFL team to select its winners.
The winners of the 2007 awards and their affiliations are as follows:
Community Quarterback Award Recipients ($2,000 grants)
- Lori Delain, Casco - American Red Cross Lakeland Chapter, Green Bay
- Gert Schmieder, Menasha - Community Clothes Closet, Menasha
- Tracy Arndt, Green Bay - Encompass Early Education & Care Inc., Green Bay
- Robert DeGroot, De Pere - Hemophilia Outreach Center, Green Bay
- Phillip Flottum, Cumberland - Kinship of Cumberland & Turtle Lake, Cumberland
- Preble High School Paraprofessional Group, Green Bay - Preble High School Students with Disabilities Program
- Alvin Brink, Ripon - Ripon Community Swim Club
- Greg Pribek, Sheboygan Falls - Sheboygan Falls High School Football Program
- Dennis Dutton, Delavan - S.M.I.L.E.S. (Special Methods in Learning Equine Skills), Darien
- John Utnehmer, Sturgeon Bay - Sturgeon Bay Little League
Jr. Community Quarterback Award Recipients ($1,000 grants)
- Daniel Dymond, West Bend - The Council on AODA of Washington County, West Bend
- Shaina Beckers, Green Bay - Green Bay Area Public Schools (designated fund - homeless students)
- Janelle Stolt, Milwaukee - Lighthouse Youth Center, Milwaukee
- Brandon Barlow, Menasha - St. Joseph Food Program, Inc., Menasha
- Jordan Lenzen, Neenah - Youth Go, Neenah
**Click here** for more information on both programs, or contact the Packers' community relations department at 920/569-7500.