Packers President/CEO Mark Murphy Thanks Recipients at Recognition Dinner
The Green Bay Packers named 10 Community Quarterback Award winners Thursday and honored the recipients at a dinner in the Legends Club inside the Lambeau Field Atrium.
The recipients were recognized for their work in the community. Each Community Quarterback Award winner received a $2,000 grant for his/her non-profit group.
"It's a pleasure for the Packers to recognize these outstanding individuals," said Packers President/CEO Mark Murphy. "They serve as tremendous examples of the spirit of volunteering and giving back to their communities. The organizations they serve provide key roles in a variety of areas in our communities, and we salute their terrific efforts."
Funded by the Green Bay Packers and NFL Charities, the Community Quarterback Award recognizes outstanding volunteers within the state of Wisconsin. Non-profit (501(c)(3) or 509) organizations nominated outstanding volunteers who demonstrate leadership, dedication and a commitment to bettering their communities through volunteerism. The volunteers are not compensated for their services.
The winners of the 2008 Community Quarterback Awards and their affiliations are as follows:
- Lori Beirl, De Pere – Volunteers for Altrusa International Inc., Green Bay
- Joseph Zuniga, Mosinee – Volunteers for the Central Wisconsin Saints Hockey Association Inc., Plover
- Victor Misurelli, Kenosha – Volunteers for Club Breakaway Inc., Kenosha
- Rose M. Clark, Mauston – Volunteers for Juneau County Historical Society, Mauston
- Marge Austin, Beloit – Volunteers for Kids Fun and Drama (KFAD), Beloit
- Peg Larson, Oshkosh – Volunteers for Mercy Medical Center – Affinity Health System, Oshkosh
- Cooks for Room at the Inn of Green Bay – Volunteers for New Community Shelter, Green Bay
- Rick Miller, De Pere – Volunteers for Ribbon of Hope Foundation, De Pere
- William Bornhuetter, Kenosha – Volunteers for RSVP of Kenosha County, Kenosha
- Dean Kelly, Darien – Volunteers for Southern Lakes Association of the Deaf, Delavan
For more information on the Community Quarterback Award, please visit www.packers.com or contact the Packers' community outreach department at 920/569-7323.