The Green Bay Packers named 20 Community Quarterback Award winners and honored the recipients with a luncheon Friday in the Legends Club inside the Lambeau Field Atrium.
The recipients were recognized for their work in the community. Each Community Quarterback Award winner received a $1,000 grant for his/her non-profit group.
"We're honored to salute these individuals today," said Jason Wied, Packers vice president of administration/general counsel. "Their great work, positive spirit and desire to give back to the community serve as inspiring examples for all of us. The organizations for which they work deserve our gratitude as well."
Funded by the Green Bay Packers and NFL Charities, the Community Quarterback Award recognizes outstanding volunteers within the state of Wisconsin. Non-profit (501(c)(3) or 509) organizations nominated outstanding volunteers who demonstrate leadership, dedication and a commitment to bettering their communities through volunteerism. The volunteers are not compensated for their services.
The winners of the 2010 Community Quarterback Awards and their affiliations are as follows:
- Gary Allen, Green Bay – Cerebral Palsy, Inc.
- Wayne Bisek, Oregon – Buckets for Hunger, Inc.
- Christopher Bomberg, Waukesha – Association for the Rights of Citizens with Handicaps
- Patty Bond, La Crosse – La Crosse Citizen Advocacy, a program of Arc La Crosse, Inc.
- Louise Driver, Chetek – Chetek Food Shelf, Inc.
- Bob Garfinkel, Luxemburg – Literacy Partners of Kewaunee County, Inc.
- Tami Gilbertson, Madison – VSA Wisconsin
- Richard Kellogg, Green Bay – Jackie Nitschke Center, Inc.
- Pamela Knackert, Milwaukee – ZONTA Club of Milwaukee
- Dean Magnin, Marinette – Marinette Catholic Central Athletic Inc.
- Barbara Muench, Cumberland – Cumberland School District
- Jerry Murphy, Marshfield – American Red Cross, North Central Wisconsin Regional Chapter
- Tom Murphy, Cross Plaines – St. Francis Xavier Youth Football
- Karen Petasek, Green Bay – Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northeastern Wisconsin
- Kathy Peterson, Ladysmith – Hope Lutheran Church Food Pantry
- Katelyn Quigley, Green Bay – Freedom House Ministries, Inc.
- Robert Radder, Kiel – Kiel Soccer Club
- Lynette Speltz, Independence – Indee Summer Rec Program
- Vern Strayer, La Crosse – The Salvation Army of La Crosse
- Diane Taylor, Medford – Indianhead Community Action Agency