Celebrate the ultimate Packers shopping experience during the Grand Opening of the Packers Pro Shop August 8-11, 2002. The Packers Pro Shop is the first area open to the public in the new Titletown Atrium, located on the east side of Lambeau Field, at 1265 Lombardi Avenue in Green Bay, WI. The Atrium is part of the $295-million renovation of Lambeau Field.
The new Packers Pro Shop has nearly four times more retail space in its new home. (The Pro Shop moved from 1,750 sq. feet to 6,500 sq. feet of retail space). "This move allowed the Pro Shop to expand in areas we couldn't have before," explained Kate Hogan, Senior Manager of Retail for the Packers Pro Shop. "We have a larger section of women's and children's clothing and a section of home items, which includes bedding and kitchen items. Plus, we have more of the items fans expect, like authentic jerseys and hats."
Fans will be impressed when they enter the new, two-level Pro Shop. It is Packers décor from top to bottom! There's a fully restored, Packers-themed, 1958 Chevy pick-up truck donated by Bergstrom Automotive. A football chandelier graces the main checkout area, there's "G" carpeting, logo detailing on railings and hangers, and even astro turf in one area, setting the ambiance for fans to shop, Packers style.
"The Grand Opening activities will also be fun for fans," Hogan said. "There will be a free gift with every $25.00 purchase. In addition, there will be free popcorn and beverages, in-store entertainment for kids, and a free give-a-way drawing."
Local charities will also benefit from the activities:
- A charity raffle, benefiting the Boys and Girls Clubs, Cerebral Palsy and Special Olympics, is being held. Prize information and tickets are available at the Pro Shop.
- Customers donating a canned or boxed food item for Paul's Pantry will receive a coupon good for 10% off one item.
- Customers donating a gently used or new coat for the Salvation Army's Coats for Kids program will receive a coupon good for 20% off one item.
Other Packers Pro Shop Grand Opening activities include:
- Thursday, August 8, 2002- A Ribbon Cutting Ceremony will take place at 9 a.m. This will involve Packers officials and representatives from local charities. In addition, the first 500 people in the store on Thursday will receive a free gift.
- Saturday, August 10, 2002- Local Packers expert and historian John Carpentier will appraise your Packers memorabilia on his weekly radio broadcast live from the Pro Shop from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
The Packers Pro Shop Grand Opening hours are Thursday and Friday, 9 a.m. to 7 p.m., Saturday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Sunday, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. There is free parking at Lambeau Field in the Oneida Street lot. For handicapped access to the Pro Shop, park in the Oneida Street lot, close to the Lombardi Avenue fence line. There is a handicapped-accessible ramp that leads to the Pro Shop.