*Fans To Vote For Winners On NFL.com
FedEx Delivers Pedestrian Safety Improvements On Behalf of Winning Players In Their Teams' Markets*
Quarterbacks DREW BREES of the New Orleans Saints, AARON RODGERS of the Green Bay Packers and VINCE YOUNG of the Tennessee Titans are the finalists for the FedEx Air NFL Player of the Week honors for games played on November 26 - 30, while running backs JUSTIN FORSETT of the Seattle Seahawks, FRED JACKSON of the Buffalo Bills and CHRIS JOHNSON of the Tennessee Titans are the finalists for the FedEx Ground NFL Player of the Week, the NFL announced today.
Fans can vote for one player in each category on NFL.com/FedEx from 9 a.m. EST on Tuesday through noon EST on Friday to determine the FedEx Air & Ground NFL Players of the Week. The winners will be announced Friday evening on NFL.com.
Fans will be voting for more than their favorite player. As part of the Air & Ground program, FedEx continues its support of Safe Kids USA – a national non-profit organization that works to prevent accidental injury among children – by making weekly $1,000 donations in the winning players' names. The funding, allocated to local Safe Kids coalitions in that team's city, is used for pedestrian safety improvements throughout the year, from upgraded crosswalks and street signage to traffic barriers and educational training.
For a second season, fans can tune into the "FedEx Air & Ground Lowdown" posted exclusively on NFL.com/FedEx starting Wednesday mornings. The show examines the nominees in the Air & Ground categories through exclusive video highlights and expert analysis. NFL Network's RICH EISEN and MARSHALL FAULK host the weekly five-minute show.
A closer look at the FedEx Air NFL Player of the Week finalists:
• New Orleans' DREW BREES completed 18 of 23 passes for 371 yards and five touchdowns in New Orleans' 38-17 victory over the New England Patriots on Monday Night Football.
• Green Bay's AARON RODGERS completed 28 of 39 passes for 348 yards and three touchdowns, including completions of 68 and 45 yards, in a 34-12 win over the Detroit Lions on Thanksgiving Day.
• Tennessee's VINCE YOUNG passed for 387 yards, completed 27 of 43 passes and threw the game-winning touchdown as time expired in the Titans' 20 -17 win over the Arizona Cardinals.
A closer look at the FedEx Ground NFL Player of the Week finalists:
• Seattle's JUSTIN FORSETT carried the ball 22 times for 130 yards and two touchdowns in the Seahawks' 27 - 17 win over the St. Louis Rams.
• Buffalo's FRED JACKSON scored two rushing touchdowns carrying the ball 15 times for 73 yards in the Bills' 31 – 14 win over the Miami Dolphins.
• Tennessee's CHRIS JOHNSON rushed 18 times for 154 yards and one touchdown in the Titans' 20 - 17 win over the Arizona Cardinals.
As the Official Delivery Service Sponsor of the NFL, Super Bowl and Pro Bowl, FedEx understands the need for a winning game plan, and created the Air & Ground program to highlight superior on-field performance while delivering safe kids off the field. Because FedEx has thousands of delivery trucks out on the roads each day, the company is committed to funding pedestrian safety improvements through its 10-year partnership with Safe Kids USA.