Brett Favre presents a check from the Brett Favre Forward Foundation to Special Olympics of Wisconsin.
Green Bay Packers quarterback Brett Favre presented donations from the Brett Favre Forward Foundation to 10 charities benefiting Wisconsin youth Wednesday.
The donations, representing a total of $96,750 raised from this year's annual Brett Favre Celebrity Softball Game and Foundation dinner, went to the following organizations:
- Make a Wish of Wisconsin
- Special Olympics of Wisconsin
- UW-Whitewater's athletic program for athletes in wheelchairs, supporting both students and non-students
- Free Spirit Riders, a Fond du Lac, Wis., therapeutic equestrian program for disabled children
- CASA of Brown County
- Boys and Girls Club of the Fox Valley
- Encompass Child Care
- Cerebral Palsy of Wisconsin
- Give A Kid A Book
- Green Bay Press-Gazette Education Program
"I've enjoyed getting involved with wonderful charities like these over the past several years," Favre said. "The Foundation continues to receive tremendous support from the community and with that support we've been able to contribute to great organizations that are doing wonderful things for children of need here in Wisconsin. I'm very appreciative of the support both the softball game and the dinner have received.
"It's been a privilege to be able to help out these charities and Deanna and I look forward to our continued involvement with these worthwhile causes."
The mission of the Brett Favre Forward Foundation is to provide aid to disadvantaged or disabled children who reside in Wisconsin and Mississippi. Started in 1996, the Foundation has donated in excess of $1 million to charities in the two states.