The Green Bay Packers today honored 10 Green Bay Packers Give Back Award winners with a luncheon in the Legends Club inside the Lambeau Field Atrium.
The recipients were recognized for their volunteer work in the community, with each one receiving a $2,000 grant for his/her nonprofit group.
"The Packers are proud to honor these inspiring role models," said Packers President/CEO Mark Murphy. "Our community is a better place because of their dedication as volunteers for local organizations."
Funded by the Green Bay Packers, Green Bay Packers Foundation and NFL Foundation, the Packers Give Back Award recognizes outstanding volunteers within the state of Wisconsin. Nonprofit 501(c)(3) organizations nominated outstanding volunteers who demonstrate leadership, dedication and a commitment to bettering their communities through volunteerism. The volunteers are not compensated for their services.
The Packers honored 10 Green Bay Packers Give Back Award winners with a luncheon in the Legends Club inside the Lambeau Field Atrium.
The winners of the 2018 Green Bay Packers Give Back Awards and their affiliations are as follows:
- Sean Dumais of Kronenwetter – Crossroads K9 Rescue Inc., Kronenwetter
- Janet Kleist of Waukesha – Hope Center Inc., Waukesha
- Barbara McWilliams of Kewaunee – Violence Intervention Project, Inc., Algoma
- Maureen Oldenburg of De Pere – Friends of Pals Youth & Families Inc., Green Bay
- Tom Olejniczak of De Pere – New Community Shelter, Inc., Green Bay
- Bill Satterlee of Greendale – American Red Cross – Greater Milwaukee Chapter, Milwaukee
- Kathy Sliwka of De Pere – Volunteer Center of Brown County, Green Bay
- Cara Steiner of New Holstein – Lakeshore FIRST Robotics, St. Nazianz
- Tara Steinhorst of Green Bay – Colton's Cure Foundation, Green Bay
- Zeta Turriff of De Pere – Neville Public Museum Foundation, Green Bay
This was the final year of the Packers Give Back Award. Please visit packers.com/community/give-back-award for more information about the Green Bay Packers Give Back Award.