*Fans To Vote For Winners On NFL.com
FedEx Delivers Pedestrian Safety Improvements On Behalf of Winning Players In Their Teams' Markets*
Quarterbacks CARSON PALMER of the Cincinnati Bengals, PHILIP RIVERS of the San Diego Chargers and TONY ROMO of the Dallas Cowboys are the finalists for the FedEx Air NFL Player of the Week honors for games played on October 25 - 26, while running backs CEDRIC BENSON of the Cincinnati Bengals, RYAN GRANT of the Green Bay Packers and SHONN GREENE of the New York Jets are the finalists for the FedEx Ground NFL Player of the Week, the NFL announced today.
Fans can vote for one player in each category on NFL.com/FedEx from 9 a.m. EST on Tuesday through noon EST on Friday to determine the FedEx Air & Ground NFL Players of the Week. The winners will be announced Friday evening on NFL.com.
Fans will be voting for more than their favorite player. As part of the Air & Ground program, FedEx continues its support of Safe Kids USA – a national non-profit organization that works to prevent accidental injury among children – by making weekly $1,000 donations in the winning players' names. The funding, allocated to local Safe Kids coalitions in that team's city, is used for pedestrian safety improvements throughout the year, from upgraded crosswalks and street signage to traffic barriers and educational training.
For a second season, fans can tune into the "FedEx Air & Ground Lowdown" posted exclusively on NFL.com/FedEx starting Wednesday mornings. The show examines the nominees in the Air & Ground categories through exclusive video highlights and expert analysis. NFL Network's RICH EISEN and MARSHALL FAULK host the weekly five-minute show.
A closer look at the FedEx Air NFL Player of the Week finalists:
• Cincinnati's CARSON PALMER threw five touchdowns, completing 20 of 24 passes for 233 yards in the Bengals' 45 - 10 win over the Chicago Bears.
• San Diego's PHILIP RIVERS completed 18 of 30 passes for 268 yards and three touchdowns in the Chargers' 37 - 7 win over the Kansas City Chiefs.
• Dallas' TONY ROMO completed 21 of 29 passes for 311 yards and three touchdowns in the Cowboys' 37 - 21 win over the Atlanta Falcons.
A closer look at the FedEx Ground NFL Player of the Week finalists:
• Cincinnati's CEDRIC BENSON rushed 37 times for 189 yards and one touchdown in the Bengals' 45 - 10 win over the Chicago Bears.
• Green Bay's RYAN GRANT rushed for 148 yards and one touchdown, carrying the ball 27 times in the Packers' 31 - 3 win over the Cleveland Browns.
• New York Jets' SHONN GREENE rushed for 144 yards and two touchdowns in the Jets' 38 - 0 win over the Oakland Raiders.
*As the Official Delivery Service Sponsor of the NFL, Super Bowl and Pro Bowl, FedEx understands the need for a winning game plan, and created the Air & Ground program to highlight superior on-field performance while delivering safe kids off the field. Because FedEx has thousands of delivery trucks out on the roads each day, the company is committed to funding pedestrian safety improvements through its 10-year partnership with Safe Kids USA. *