GREEN BAY – Former Packers receiver Jeff Janis has signed a free-agent contract with the Cleveland Browns, his new team announced on Friday.
Janis, a seventh-round draft pick by Green Bay in 2014, was an unrestricted free agent.
He earned the bulk of his playing time with the Packers on special teams, developing into one of the league's top punt gunners. Janis recorded 26 special-teams tackles over the last three seasons.
As a receiver, Janis caught 17 passes for 200 yards and a touchdown in the regular season, but he's best remembered for having a career night in the 2015 playoffs at Arizona.
In that game, with the Packers' depth chart at receiver decimated by injury, Janis caught seven passes for 145 yards and two TDs. It ranks as the third-most receiving yards in a playoff game in franchise history. It included a 60-yard grab on fourth-and-20 to keep Green Bay's final drive alive, and then, two plays later, a 41-yard Hail Mary TD to tie the game and send it to overtime.
Here's an updated look at the Packers' 2018 offseason:
- CB Tramon Williams (signed March 23)
- TE Jimmy Graham (signed March 16)
- DL Muhammad Wilkerson (signed March 15)
- QB DeShone Kizer (acquired in a trade for CB Damarious Randall, March 15)
- CB Herb Waters (signed March 15)
Unrestricted free agents (9)
- LB Ahmad Brooks
- S Morgan Burnett (signed with Pittsburgh, March 20)
- DT Quinton Dial
- G Jahri Evans
- LS Brett Goode
- CB Davon House
- WR Jeff Janis (signed with Cleveland, March 30)
- T Ulrick John
- TE Richard Rodgers
Restricted free agents (2)
- LB Joe Thomas (signed with Dallas, March 22)
- P Jacob Schum
Exclusive-rights free agents (10)
- WR Geronimo Allison (tendered)
- CB Donatello Brown (tendered)
- QB Joe Callahan (tendered)
- WR Michael Clark (tendered)
- FB Joe Kerridge (tendered)
- G Justin McCray (tendered)
- G/T Adam Pankey (tendered)
- G Lucas Patrick (tendered)
- LS Taybor Pepper
- S Jermaine Whitehead (tendered)