Quarterbacks BRETT FAVRE of the Green Bay Packers, PEYTON MANNING of the Indianapolis Colts and DONOVAN MC NABB of the Philadelphia Eagles are the finalists for FedEx Express NFL Player of the Week honors for games played on September 26-27, while running backs TIKI BARBER of the New York Giants, JAMAL LEWIS of the Baltimore Ravens and AARON STECKER of the New Orleans Saints are the finalists for FedEx Ground NFL Player of the Week honors, the NFL announced today.
Fans can vote for one player in each category on NFL.com from Tuesday morning through noon on Thursday to determine the FedEx Air & Ground NFL Players of the Week. The FedEx Air & Ground NFL Players of the Week will be announced Thursday on NFL.com and Friday in USA Today.
Fans will be voting for more than their favorite player. The weekly FedEx Air & Ground NFL Players of the Week Awards are a win for the local community. Along with the award, FedEx will donate $5,000 every week to the local children's hospital in each winning market. The children's hospitals in the two season-long winner's markets, announced at this year's Super Bowl, will be awarded $25,000 each. That means that FedEx will deliver nearly $250,000 to local children's hospitals around the country in recognition of the FedEx Air & Ground NFL Players of the Week Award winners.
A closer look at the FedEx Express NFL Player of the Week finalists:
- Green Bay's Brett Favre completed 30 of 44 pass attempts for 360 yards and 4 touchdowns with a passer rating of 123.3 in the Packers' 45-31 loss to the Indianapolis Colts. Favre's first touchdown to wide receiver Javon Walker in the first quarter gave the quarterback a streak of 28 consecutive games with a touchdown pass.
- Indianapolis' Peyton Manning passed for 393 yards and five touchdowns, completing 28 of 40 attempts for a 140.9 passer rating in the Colts' 45-31 victory over the Green Bay Packers. All five of Manning's touchdown passes came in the first half, including three in the first quarter.
- Philadelphia's Donovan McNabb completed 29 of 42 passes for 356 yards, two touchdowns and a 110.8 passer rating in the Eagles' 30-13 win over the Detroit Lions. McNabb, who completed passes to eight different receivers, also added a one-yard touchdown run.
A closer look at the FedEx Ground NFL Player of the Week finalists:
- The New York Giants' Tiki Barber carried 23 times for 106 yards and one touchdown in the Giants' 27-10 victory over the Cleveland Browns. Barber added three receptions for 48 yards.
- Baltimore's Jamal Lewis carried 18 times for 186 yards and one touchdown in the Ravens' 23-9 win against the AFC North-rival Cincinnati Bengals. Lewis' touchdown came on a 75-yard burst in the fourth quarter.
- New Orleans' Aaron Stecker carried 18 times for 106 yards and one touchdown in the Saints' 28-25 overtime victory over the St. Louis Rams. Stecker's performance included a 42-yard touchdown run.
FedEx, the premier global provider of transportation, e-commerce and supply-chain management services, is the Official Delivery Service Sponsor of the NFL, Super Bowl and Pro Bowl. Through the weekly FedEx Air and Ground Awards, FedEx recognizes those NFL players who represent the same speed, precision and teamwork that their customers have come to expect from the full range of FedEx air, ground, freight and international shipping services.