Two years after he co-founded the Packers with Curly Lambeau, George Calhoun began writing a piece called The Dope Sheet, which served as the official press release and game program from 1921-24.
Honoring Calhoun, the first publicity director, the Packers are running this weekly feature in their release, which is being made available to fans exclusively on Packers.com.
A complete edition of the Dope Sheet will be available each week in PDF format, located in the Packers.com Game Centers.
Here are some highlights from the Week 16 Dope Sheet:
FAVRE EYES TARKENTON: Brett Favre (341) stands just one touchdown pass from tying No. 2 Fran Tarkenton on the NFL's all-time list.
THEY DON'T WASTE TIME: The Packers have 11 touch-drives this season of fewer than four plays. Only two other clubs (Baltimore 13 and San Francisco 12) have more. Green Bay has at least one such drive in each of its last four games, including two on Sunday at San Diego.
THE SPARK ON KICKOFF RETURNS: Najeh Davenport turned in the play of the game Sunday at San Diego in the fourth quarter. His 45-yard kickoff return answer a Chargers score that gave San Diego its first lead. Two plays later, the Packers were in the end zone, retaking a lead they would not relinquish.
- Over their first nine games, the team used Antonio Chatman on kickoffs almost exclusively. Before the Tampa Bay game Nov. 16, they replaced Chatman with Najeh Davenport and Robert Ferguson.
- Since making that move, beginning with Nov. 16 games, the Packers have posted the NFL's third-best kickoff return average.
- Favre threw four TD passes, his most since Sept. 12, 1999, in a season-opening Lambeau Field win over Oakland. Only Dan Marino (21) and Johnny Unitas (17) have more four-or-more TD games than Favre (15).
- Fullback William Henderson (243) surpassed Edgar Bennett (242) for the third-most receptions by a back in team history. Henderson has blocked for six 1,000-yard rushers, more than all but one other fullback - Howard Griffith (also six) - in NFL annals.
- Favre orchestrated his 28th career fourth-quarter comeback, and second this season (also Nov. 16 at TB).
Click here to download a PDF of the complete Week 16 Dope Sheet.