The popular 'Football 101, An NFL Workshop for Women' will take place at Lambeau Field on Saturday, Nov. 21.
An interactive and entertaining event geared for women to learn about football, 'Football 101' will take place in the Packers' Tundra Tailgate Zone and in the Don Hutson Center. Cost for the event is $65; attendees must be 16 or older.
The event will be co-hosted by Jessie Garcia, WTMJ-TV's sports anchor and reporter who also serves as sideline reporter for the Packers Television Network during preseason games. Harry Sydney, a former Packers running back (1992) and assistant coach (1994-99), will be the event's guest speaker and share his experiences as a player and coach with the Packers.
This year's event features a classroom session, an informative session with Packers Women's Association members, and drills and skills exercises with players in the Hutson Center. The classroom session will feature lessons about football terminology and positions, life in the NFL and more.
The day's agenda includes the following:
• 1 to 1:30 p.m. – Registration and commemorative photos.
• 1:30 to 2 p.m. – Welcome by Jessie Garcia.
• 2 to 2:45 p.m. – Session with Packers Women's Association members.
• 2:45 to 3 p.m. – Short break.
• 3 to 3:30 p.m. – Presentation by Harry Sydney.
• 3:45 to 5 p.m. – Drills and skills with players/PWA members in the Don Hutson Center.
• 5 to 5:15 p.m. – Conclusion and gifts.
5th Quarter (optional)
• Opportunity to visit Lambeau Field Atrium attractions, including Curly's Pub, Packers Pro Shop, Packers Hall of Fame and Lambeau Field Stadium Tours.
A portion of the proceeds from 'Football 101' will benefit the Packers Women's Association (PWA), a non-profit organization whose main focus is "teaming up with the community."
Payment of $65 is due in advance. Sign-up forms are available online at www.packers.com/fan_zone/events/football_101. Interested women also may register by calling 920/569-7263. A ticket for the event will be sent following receipt of the registration fee. Registration is first-come, first-served, and limited to 500 participants.
Associate sponsors for the event include Brakebush Chicken, Copps and Pick 'n Save.