Green Bay Packers running back Ahman Green is among the nominees for FedEx Ground NFL Player of the Week the NFL announced Monday.
LaDainian Tomlinson of the San Diego Chargers and Lee Suggs of the Cleveland Browns are the other finalists for the award while quarterbacks Tom Brady of the New England Patriots, Joey Harrington of the Detroit Lions, and Donovan McNabb of the Philadelphia Eagles are the finalists for FedEx Express NFL Player of the Week honors for games played on December 27-28
Fans can vote for one player in each category on NFL.com from Monday afternoon through noon on Wednesday to determine the FedEx Air & Ground NFL Players of the Week. The FedEx Air & Ground NFL Players of the Week will be announced Wednesday afternoon on NFL.com.
A closer look at the FedEx Ground NFL Player of the Week finalists:
- Green Bay's Ahman Green rushed for a career-high 218 yards and two touchdowns on 20 carries, a 10.9 yard per carry average, in the Packers' playoff-clinching 31-3 win over Denver. Green finished second in the NFL with 1,883 yards rushing and 20 total touchdowns.
- San Diego's LaDainian Tomlinson rushed for a career-high 243 yards and two touchdowns on 31 carries in the Chargers' 21-14 win over Oakland. Tomlinson, who also caught eight passes for 17 yards, became the first running back in NFL history to rush for 1,000 yards or more and catch 100 passes in the same season.
- Cleveland's Lee Suggs, a rookie out of Virginia Tech, rushed for a career-high 186 yards and two touchdowns on 26 carries in the Browns' 22-14 win over Cincinnati.
A closer look at the FedEx Express NFL Player of the Week finalists:
- New England's Tom Brady completed 21 of 32 attempts for 204 yards and four touchdowns for a 122.9 passer rating in the Patriots' 31-0 win over Buffalo.
- Detroit's Joey Harrington completed 26 of 36 attempts for 238 yards and three touchdowns for a 106.0 passer rating in the Lions' 30-20 win over St. Louis.
- Philadelphia's Donovan McNabb completed 23 of 32 attempts for 242 yards and three touchdowns for a 124.7 passer rating in the Eagles' 31-7 win over Washington.
*FedEx, the premier global provider of transportation, e-commerce and supply-chain management services, is the Official Delivery Service Sponsor of the NFL, Super Bowl and Pro Bowl.
Through the weekly FedEx Air and Ground Awards, FedEx recognizes those NFL players who represent the same speed, precision and teamwork that their customers have come to expect from the full range of FedEx air, ground, freight and international shipping services.*