MORE THAN 20,000 MAY ATTEND; ATRIUM OPEN WEDNESDAY JUST FOR SHAREHOLDERS
Also see: Packers Shareholders
The Green Bay Packers are in the midst of finishing preparations for the annual shareholders meeting, set to take place Wednesday, July 19, at 9 a.m. in Lambeau Field.
In addition to annual reports delivered by Chairman and CEO Bob Harlan and other team officials, a tour through the team's locker room and football areas will be offered to shareholders and guests. To help minimize the wait, tours also will be offered on Tuesday, July 18, from 12 noon to 8 p.m. in addition to Wednesday, July 19, after the meeting.
Shareholders have requested nearly 30,000 tickets to the meeting. Not all are expected to come, but a crowd of more than 20,000 is certainly possible.
"We've heard from quite a few shareholders who are excited to come," said Harlan. "A lot of fans will be descending upon Lambeau Field and Green Bay next week. Many of them are going to take the tour on Tuesday so there is less of a wait on Wednesday after the meeting. We're looking forward to a fun couple of days."
To help accommodate the large number of shareholders at Lambeau Field Tuesday and Wednesday, the team is closing down stadium tours to the general public on Tuesday and Wednesday. Also, the entire Atrium will be closed to the general public on Wednesday, opening for shareholders only that day at 7 a.m. to help accommodate the large number of people on hand for the meeting.
The Packers also had the following recommendations for shareholders attending the meeting:
- As of Friday, tickets to the meeting are no longer being mailed. Shareholders who have not received tickets will be able to pick them up at the Packers ticket office.
- During the tour (Tuesday, noon to 8 p.m.; Wednesday, after the meeting), shareholders are asked to move at a comfortable but constant pace. Every shareholder will have the opportunity to complete the tour.
- Shareholders that require the use of a wheelchair are asked to bring their own. A limited number are available at Lambeau Field for transporting purposes only.
- Parking is limited on the Lambeau Field lots, so attendees are asked to plan accordingly and arrive early. Lots will open at 6 a.m. and parking is free. Area law enforcement asks that attendees parking on neighboring streets please observe posted parking restrictions. Also, please do not block mailboxes.
- Area law enforcement will assist with traffic control near the stadium on Wednesday morning. Non-shareholders near the stadium on Tuesday and Wednesday should be aware of heavy traffic, especially Wednesday morning.