Fans To Vote For Winner On NFL.com
Wide receiver JEREMY MACLIN of the Philadelphia Eagles, linebacker CLAY MATTHEWS of the Green Bay Packers, linebacker BRIAN ORAKPO of the Washington Redskins, running back BERNARD SCOTT of the Cincinnati Bengals and running back BEANIE WELLS of the Arizona Cardinals are the finalists for NFL ROOKIE OF THE WEEK honors for games played on November 12 – 16, the NFL announced today.
Fans can vote for one of these five players on NFL.com/rookies beginning Tuesday at 9 am ET and ending Friday at noon ET to determine the NFL ROOKIE OF THE WEEK. The NFL ROOKIE OF THE WEEK will be announced Friday evening on NFL.com/rookies.
After the regular season, five players will be nominated for NFL Rookie of the Year honors. Fans can vote for the winner on NFL.com/rookies throughout the month of January. The winner will be announced at a press conference at Super Bowl XLIV in South Florida.
A closer look at the finalists:
• Philadelphia's JEREMY MACLIN had six receptions for 76 yards and one touchdown in the Eagles' 31 - 23 loss to the San Diego Chargers
• Green Bay's CLAY MATTHEWS had one sack and recovered two fumbles, including one that set up the game-sealing touchdown in the Packers' 17 - 7 win over the Dallas Cowboys.
• Washington's BRIAN ORAKPO made six tackles and had 1.5 sacks in the Redskins' 27-17 win over the Denver Broncos.
• Cincinnati's BERNARD SCOTT rushed 13 times for 33 yards, added 21 receiving yards and returned five kickoffs including one for a 96-yard touchdown in the Bengals' 18 – 12 win over the Pittsburgh Steelers.
• Arizona's BEANIE WELLS rushed 16 times for 85 yards and two touchdowns and added 32 yards receiving in the Cardinals' 31 - 20 win over the Seattle Seahawks.
Week 1: Mark Sanchez, QB, New York Jets
Week 2: Mark Sanchez, QB, New York Jets
Week 3: Mark Sanchez, QB, New York Jets
Week 4: Knowshon Moreno, RB, Denver Broncos
Week 5: Knowshon Moreno, RB, Denver Broncos
Week 6: Clay Matthews, LB, Green Bay Packers
Week 7: Percy Harvin, WR, Minnesota Vikings
Week 8: Percy Harvin, WR, Minnesota Vikings
Week 9: Mike Wallace, WR, Pittsburgh Steelers