Fans To Vote For Winner On NFL.com
Safety JAIRUS BYRD of the Buffalo Bills, linebacker BRIAN CUSHING of the Houston Texans, linebacker CLAY MATTHEWS of the Green Bay Packers, wide receiver HAKEEM NICKS of the New York Giants and kicker RYAN SUCCOP of the Kansas City Chiefs are the finalists for PEPSI NFL ROOKIE OF THE WEEK honors for games played on October 18 - 19, the NFL announced today.
**Fans can vote** for one of these five players on NFL.com/rookies beginning Tuesday at 9 am ET and ending Friday at noon ET to determine the PEPSI NFL ROOKIE OF THE WEEK. The PEPSI NFL ROOKIE OF THE WEEK will be announced Friday evening on NFL.com/rookies.
After the regular season, five players will be nominated for Pepsi NFL Rookie of the Year honors. Fans can vote for the winner on NFL.com/rookies throughout the month of January. The winner will be announced at a press conference at Super Bowl XLIV in South Florida.
A closer look at the finalists:
• Buffalo's JAIRUS BYRD made three tackles and had two interceptions including a third-quarter pick that led to Buffalo's tying touchdown drive in the Bills' 16-13 overtime win over the New York Jets.
• Houston's BRIAN CUSHING recorded nine tackles, one interception, two forced fumbles and two passes defensed in the Texans' 28 - 17 win over the Cincinnati Bengals.
• Green Bay's CLAY MATTHEWS recorded two sacks, three tackles for a loss and one pass defensed in his first NFL start in the Packers' 26 - 0 win over the Detroit Lions.
• New York Giants' HAKEEM NICKS recorded five receptions for 114 yards and one touchdown in the Giants' 48 - 27 loss to the New Orleans Saints.
• Kansas City's RYAN SUCCOP led the Chiefs to their first win of the season, making all four of his field goals, from 39, 46, 46 and 24 yards, in a 14 - 6 win over the Washington Redskins.
This is Pepsi's eighth year as the official soft drink sponsor of the NFL and the fifth year that Pepsi will present the NFL Rookie of the Week and NFL Rookie of the Year awards.