The Green Bay Packers today announced plans for the 11th annual 'Green Bay Packers Tailgate Tour,' set for June 17-21, which will travel throughout Wisconsin to visit with fans and thank them in person for their support.
The tour will make stops in Ripon (June 17), Fort Atkinson (June 18), Dodgeville (June 19), Black River Falls (June 20) and Shawano(June 21), with tailgate parties held in each city to support a local non-profit organization.
Tour celebrities will include Packers President/CEO Mark Murphy, players Jared Abbrederis, Sam Barrington and Jayrone Elliott, and Packers alumni LeRoy Butler, Robert Brooks and Sean Jones.
The tour will take place aboard a customized motor coach emblazoned with the "Green Bay Packers Tailgate Tour" logo and the phrase "Touching Down in Your Community." In addition to the designated locations, tour celebrities will make surprise stops as the schedule allows.
The Ripon, Black River Falls and Shawano tailgate parties will welcome the players and alumni arriving at 6 p.m., and festivities will run until 8:30 p.m. TheFort Atkinson tailgate party will be held from 4 p.m. until 6:30 p.m., and the Dodgeville tailgate partywill be held from 1 p.m. until 3:30 p.m.* *A local non-profit organization will host each party, which will feature food, giveaways, question-and-answer sessions and autographs. Tailgate party tickets cost $30.
General admission tickets also will be available for $5 for the Ripon, Fort Atkinson and Shawano parties, which include access to the Q-and-A sessions as well as tailgate party activities. Food and beverages will be available for purchase.
One hundred percent of the Tailgate Tour proceeds will benefit the hosting organizations.
"The Packers are very excited to embark on the 11th annual Tailgate Tour," said Packers President/CEO Mark Murphy. "Thanks to the loyalty of our fans, we are celebrating 11 successful years of this event. We are looking forward to visiting several areas throughout the state of Wisconsin, and we are proud to be supporting great organizations during the tour."
Tickets for the tailgate parties at all locations will go on sale Friday, April 1.
The tailgate party locations, hosting organizations and ticket information are as follows:
- Ripon:June 17 at*Royal Ridges, 1 Westgate Dr., Ripon. To benefit the Ripon Community Thrift Store & Food Pantry*. Tickets on sale at Pick 'n Save, 1188 W. Fond du Lac St. (Hwy 23 W); Citgo, 641 E. Oshkosh St.; Shell Station, 1105 W. Fond du Lac St.; BP at 204 E. Fond du Lac St.
- Fort Atkinson: *June 18 at Fort Atkinson High School, 925 Lexington Blvd., Fort Atkinson. To benefit the Boys & Girls Club of Fort Atkinson*. All ticket information can be found at http://www.bgcfortatkinson.org/packers.
- Dodgeville: June 19 at Harris Park Ley Memorial Pavilion, 600 Bennett Road, Dodgeville. To benefit theIowa County Humane Society. Tickets on sale at the Iowa County Humane Society, 305 County Road YZ, Dodgeville; Driftless Depot, Organic Market, Deli & Café at 140 S. Winsted St./Hwy 23, Spring Green; Mounds Middleton, 8311 University Ave., Middleton; Mounds Fitchburg, 5350 King James Way, Fitchburg; Miller and Son's Supermarket, 1845 Springdale St., Mt. Horeb; or online at www.ichs.net.
- Black River Falls: June 20 at Ho-Chunk Gaming Black River Falls Bingo Hall, W9010 WI-54 E., Black River Falls. To benefit*Benefit Riverfront. *Tickets on sale at Re-Pete's Saloon & Grill, 300 Gebhardt Rd., Black River Falls; The Black River Area Chamber of Commerce, 120 N. Water St., Black River Falls; Riverfront-La Crosse, 3000 South Avenue, La Crosse; or online at www.riverfrontinc.org.
- Shawano: June 21 at Crawford Center, 255 S. Waukechon St., Shawano. To benefit theRed River Riders. Tickets on sale at Idell Johnston State Farm Office, 207 S. Main St., Shawano; WTCH Radio Station, 1465 E. Green Bay St., Shawano; Charlie's County Market, 521 S. Main St., Shawano; Bubba's BBQ, 114 S. Main St., Shawano; or online at www.redriverriders.org.
Fans interested in 'Tailgate Tour' details are encouraged to visit www.packers.com often, as tour information will be updated as the dates near.