The Green Bay Packers recently awarded 10 grants from its Junior Volunteer Stars program.
The Junior Volunteer Stars is a program designed to promote community investment and volunteerism in children (ages 13 and younger) via small-level grants. These small-level grants must be used to finance a community improvement/volunteer project created and executed by the child or children.
This year, 10 projects were selected and each was awarded a $300 grant in the name of the non-profit organization, school, or religious organization sponsoring the project.
The grant recipients and their affiliations are as follows:
- Girl Scout Troop 633, Green Bay
- Girl Scout Troop 650, Green Bay
- Girl Scout Troop 561, Pulaski, Wis.
- Girl Scout Troop 509, Tomah, Wis.
- Girl Scout Troop 507, Wabeno, Wis.
- Rosemary School (fifth- and sixth-graders), Fredonia, Wis.
- St. Matthew School Student Council, Green Bay
- Sacred Heart Catholic School (student group), Shawano, Wis.
- Sheboygan Falls Middle School (student group), Sheboygan Falls, Wis.
- Wilmot Grade School's Rocking Recyclers, Wilmot, Wis.
For more information on the program, click here or contact the Packers' community relations department at 920/569-7500.