The Green Bay Packers Thursday named the 2005 Community Quarterback Award winners and honored the recipients at a noon luncheon in the Legends Club inside the Lambeau Field Atrium.
The five recipients were present at the event to be recognized for their work in the community. Each Green Bay Packers Community Quarterback Award winner was presented with a $1,000 grant for his/her non-profit group.
Funded by the NFL, the Green Bay Packers Community Quarterback Award recognizes community volunteers who demonstrate leadership, dedication and a commitment to bettering their communities. The nomination process is fulfilled by charitable organizations that nominate their distinguished volunteers. A selection committee then is appointed by each NFL team to select its winners.
The winners of the 2005 awards and their affiliations are as follows:
- Craig Huxford - Partners in Education, a program of the Green Bay Chamber of Commerce, Green Bay
- Greg Marnocha - Seymour Lions Club, Seymour, Wis.
- Rev. William Ribbens - Catholic Charities, Inc., Green Bay
- Dick Weber - Manitowoc County Habitat for Humanity, Manitowoc, Wis.
- Don Weber - Boys' & Girls' Brigade, Neenah, Wis.