The Green Bay Packers honored 10 Green Bay Packers Give Back Award winners Wednesday, Nov. 16, and hosted the recipients at a luncheon in the Legends Club inside the Lambeau Field Atrium.
The recipients were recognized for their work in the community. Each Green Bay Packers Give Back Award winner received a $2,000 grant for his/her non-profit group.
The Green Bay Packers honored 10 Green Bay Packers Give Back Award winners Wednesday during a luncheon at Lambeau Field. Photos by Evan Siegle and Tomi Thompson, packers.com.
"The Packers are proud to honor these inspiring role models," said Packers President/CEO Mark Murphy. "Our community is a better place because of their dedication as volunteers for local organizations."
Funded by the Green Bay Packers, Green Bay Packers Foundation and NFL Foundation, the Packers Give Back Award recognizes outstanding volunteers within the state of Wisconsin. Non-profit 501(c)(3) organizations nominated outstanding volunteers who demonstrate leadership, dedication and a commitment to bettering their communities through volunteerism. The volunteers are not compensated for their services.
The winners of the 2016 Green Bay Packers Give Back Awards and their affiliations are as follows:
- Mary Jane Bublitz of Green Bay – Bellin Health, Green Bay
- Jason Engledow of Cedarburg – YMCA of Northern Rock County, Janesville
- Shelli Hagerty of Antigo – UWEX Langlade County 4-H Leaders Association, Antigo
- Kathy Jauquet of De Pere – Unity, De Pere
- Richard Marbes of De Pere – Disabled American Veterans, Russell Leicht Chapter 3, De Pere
- Anthony Pine of New Berlin –Special Olympics Wisconsin, Greater Milwaukee Area, Mequon
- Jerry Prellwitz of De Pere – Curative Connections,Green Bay**
- Susan Rudolph of Peshtigo –Peshtigo Food Pantry, Peshtigo
- Michele Sliwicki of Neenah –Winnebago County Literacy Council, Oshkosh
- Ambrose Wiering of Two Rivers –Lakeshore FIRST Robotics, St. Nazianz
Please visit www.packers.com/community/ for more information about the Green Bay Packers Give Back Award.