The Green Bay Packers honored 10 Green Bay Packers Give Back on Friday, Nov. 17, with a luncheon in the Legends Club inside the Lambeau Field Atrium.
Packers honored 10 Green Bay Packers Give Back for their work in the community. Photos by Evan Siegle, packers.com
The recipients were recognized for their work in the community, with each one receiving a $2,000 grant for his/her nonprofit group.
"The Packers are proud to honor these inspiring role models," said Packers President/CEO Mark Murphy. "Our community is a better place because of their dedication as volunteers for local organizations."
Funded by Green Bay Packers Give Back and NFL Foundation, the Packers Give Back Award recognizes outstanding volunteers within the state of Wisconsin. Nonprofit 501(c)(3) organizations nominated outstanding volunteers who demonstrate leadership, dedication and a commitment to bettering their communities through volunteerism. The volunteers are not compensated for their services.
The winners of the 2017 Green Bay Packers Give Back Awards and their affiliations are as follows:
- Pam Acerbi of Kenosha – Shalom Center of the Interfaith Network of Kenosha County
- Father Ken DeGroot, O. Praem., of De Pere – Casa ALBA Melanie Hispanic
Community Resource Center of Green Bay
- Becky Fickel of Appleton – St. Vincent de Paul Appleton
- Linda Haag of Green Bay – Bethesda Lutheran Communities Inc., Watertown
- Lynn Maglio of Milwaukee – Aurora Healing & Advocacy Services, Milwaukee
- Patrick Mickelsen of Nashotah –Turkey Club, Nashotah
- Megan Ninnemann of Wausau – Peyton's Promise, Weston
- Kallie Pleuss of Tomah – Neighbor for Neighbor, Inc., Tomah
- Barb Schweig of Couderay – Hayward Community Food Shelf Inc., Hayward
- DuWayne Wieck of Plymouth – Camo Quilt Project; Franklin American Legion Post 387, Plymouth
Please visit www.packers.com/community/ for more information about the Green Bay Packers Give Back Award.