The Green Bay Packers return home to take on the Jacksonville Jaguars, the first of back-to-back AFC South opponents for the Packers.
- The Packers are 4-2 all-time against the Jaguars, including wins in both of the last two matchups (2012 in Green Bay and 2016 in Jacksonville).
- Each of the last five games in the series have been decided by single digits.
- Green Bay has reached the mid-point of its regular-season slate and leads the NFC North with a 6-2 record.
- The Packers are one of three teams in the NFC and one of eight teams in the NFL with two or fewer losses so far this season (Pittsburgh, 8-0 / Kansas City, 8-1 / Buffalo, 7-2 / Baltimore, 6-2 / New Orleans, 6-2 / Seattle, 6-2 / Tennessee, 6-2).
- Green Bay started 7-1 last season and 6-2 this season, making them one of five NFL teams to win at least six of their first eight games in each of the past two seasons (Baltimore: 6-2/6-2, Buffalo: 6-2/6-2, New Orleans: 7-1/6-2 and Seattle: 6-2/6-2).
- It is the first time Green Bay has started 6-2 or better in back-to-back years since 2001-02.
- The Packers have won 11 of their last 13 regular-season games.
- Last season, Green Bay won both weeks after it played a game on a Thursday night.
- This will be the fifth time this season Green Bay will play a game that kicks off at 12 p.m. CT. The Packers won four of the previous five games that kicked off at 12 p.m. CT, scoring 35-plus points in three of the four matchups.
AGAINST THE AFC
- Green Bay has won 15 of the last 18 games it has played against an AFC team at Lambeau Field.
- The Packers are facing their second AFC opponent of the season, having previously defeated the Houston Texans in Week 7. Dating back to 2019, Green Bay is 4-1 against AFC opponents, an .800 winning percentage that is tied for No. 2 in the NFL over that span (Kansas City, 16-4, .800 / New Orleans, 5-1, .833).
- Green Bay ranks No. 3 in the NFL in points per game (29.2) and No. 4 in the league in points per game differential (plus-7.2) against non-conference opponents since 2019. The Packers have scored over 30 points in three of their last four games against AFC teams.
- QB Aaron Rodgers has registered a passer rating of 100-plus in five of the last seven games he has played against AFC teams, leading Green Bay to victory in six of those contests.
WITH THE CALL
FOX will broadcast the game to a national audience. Play-by-play man Chris Myers joins analysts Greg Jennings and Brock Huard with Jen Hale reporting from the sidelines.
- Milwaukee's WTMJ (620 AM), airing Green Bay games since November 1929, heads up the Packers Radio Network that is made up of 50 stations in four states. Wayne Larrivee (play-by-play), two-time Packers Pro Bowler Larry McCarren (analyst) and three-time Packers Pro Bowler and two-time All-Pro John Kuhn (sideline) will call the action. McCarren first joined the team's broadcasts in 1995 and enters his 25th season calling Packers games. After originally being paired together in 1999, McCarren and Larrivee enter their 22nd season of broadcasts together. They surpassed Jim Irwin and Max McGee for the most regular-season and postseason games broadcast for the Packers with 313 at the 2018 season opener against Chicago.
- The broadcast is also available on Sirius Satellite Radio (WTMJ feed), WTMJ.com via desktop computer and on numerous devices through NFL Game Pass.
- ESPN Radio will air the game across the country with Marc Kestecher (play-by-play) and Ben Hartsock (analyst) calling the action.
- DIRECTV subscribers can watch the game on Channel 708.
THE DOPE ON THIS WEEK'S OPPONENT:
Packers vs. Jaguars:
- Regular season, all-time: 4-2
- All-time, Postseason: 0-0
- All-time, at Home: 1-1 (1-1 at Lambeau Field)
- Streaks: Green Bay has won the last two regular-season contests between the teams
- Last meeting, regular season: Sept. 11, 2016, EverBank Field, Packers won, 27-23
- Matt LaFleur: 19-5-0, .792; (1-1 postseason); 2nd NFL season
- Doug Marrone: 23-35, .397 (2-1 postseason); 6th NFL season
- Head to Head: 0-0
- vs. Opponent: LaFleur 0-0 vs. Jaguars; Marrone 1-0 vs. Packers (with Bills in 2014)
MATT LaFLEUR…In his second season as the Packers' 15th head coach.
- In his 12th season in the NFL, having previously served as an offensive coordinator for two seasons (Los Angeles Rams, 2017; Tennessee Titans, 2018), a quarterbacks coach for six seasons (Washington Redskins, 2010-13; Atlanta Falcons, 2015-16), and an offensive assistant for two seasons (Houston Texans, 2008-09).
- In his first season leading the Packers in 2019, because the first coach in club history to lead the team to the playoffs in his debut season. Also led the largest one-year win improvement in team history (plus-seven wins).
- Became only the fifth coach in NFL history to win 13-plus regular-season games in his first season as a head coach (Jim Caldwell, George Seifert, Jim Harbaugh, Steve Mariucci).
- Guided the Titans' offense in 2018 to a No. 7 league ranking in rushing (126.4 ypg) as Tennessee registered 11 games with 100-plus rushing yards, tied for No. 2 in the NFL.
- Helped the Rams lead the league in scoring with an average of 29.9 points per game in 2017, more than doubling their average from 2016 (14.0 ppg).
- Tutored QB Matt Ryan, who led the league in passer rating (117.1) in 2016 on his way to being named NFL Most Valuable Player by The Associated Press, and QB Robert Griffin III, who became the first QB in Washington franchise history to win AP Offensive Rookie of the Year in 2012.
DOUG MARRONE…In his fourth year as the Jaguars' fifth head coach.
- Named the full-time head coach of the Jaguars on Jan. 9, 2017, after previously serving as the team's interim head coach for the final two games of the 2016 season. Originally hired as the team's assistant head coach-offense/offensive line coach on Jan. 20, 2015, following a two-year stint as the head coach for the Buffalo Bills (2013-14).
- Since he took over in 2017, Jacksonville is tied for No. 8 in the NFL in sacks (147) and is tied for No. 4 in defensive TDs (11).
- Has coached six Jaguars players to nine Pro Bowl selections and five players to six All-Pro selections.
- In 2017, guided the Jaguars to a 10-6 record and the AFC South title, the team's first division crown since winning the AFC Central in 1999. Jacksonville finished the season with the league's top-ranked rushing offense (141.4 yards per game) and the league's best pass defense (169.0 yards per game).
THE PACKERS-JAGUARS SERIES
- Green Bay began the series with a 24-14 win in the first-ever matchup between the two teams in 1995.
- After the Packers won the second matchup during the 2001 season, the Jaguars were victorious in two straight games to even the series at 2-2.
- Green Bay enters this week's contest with two consecutive victories over Jacksonville, a 24-15 win in Green Bay during the 2012 season and a 27-23 victory in Jacksonville in 2016.
Green Bay TE Marcedes Lewis was drafted by the Jaguars with the 28th pick of the 2006 NFL Draft and spent 12 seasons (2006-17) with the team…Lewis and Jaguars assistant linebackers coach Tony Gilbert played together for Jacksonville during the 2006-07 seasons…Packers WR Allen Lazard entered the NFL as an undrafted free agent with Jacksonville in 2018 and spent most of his rookie season on the Jaguars' practice squad before being signed to Green Bay's active roster...Jaguars S Josh Jones played for the Packers for two seasons (2017-18)…Jacksonville LB Joe Schobert attended West High School in Waukesha, Wis., and played collegiately at the University of Wisconsin…Jaguars RB Dare Ogunbowale attended Marquette High School in Milwaukee, Wis., and played collegiately at the University of Wisconsin…Packers offensive coordinator Nathaniel Hackett served as the Jaguars' offensive coordinator from 2016-18 and as quarterbacks coach from 2015-16…Hackett, Packers wide receivers coach Jason Vrable and Jaguars defensive line coach Jason Rebrovich all spent time together on Jacksonville head coach Doug Marrone's coaching staffs when Marrone held the same position for the Buffalo Bills (2013-14) and Syracuse (2009-12)…Packers defensive coordinator Mike Pettine held the same role in Buffalo under Marrone in 2013…Jaguars quarterbacks coach Ben McAdoo held the same position in Green Bay from 2012-13 and served as the team's tight ends coach from 2006-11…Packers assistant offensive line coach Luke Butkus held the same position for Jacksonville from 2013-15…Green Bay special teams quality control coach Rayna Stewart played two seasons (1999-2000) as a cornerback for Jacksonville…Packers RB Tyler Ervin played in six games for Jacksonville in 2019 before finishing the year with Green Bay…Schobert, Packers LB Christian Kirksey and special teams coordinator Shawn Mennenga all spent time with the Browns between 2016-19…Jaguars offensive coordinator Jay Gruden served as head coach for the Washington Football Team from 2014-19, when Packers inside linebackers coach Kirk Olivadotti (2014-18), Packers LB Preston Smith (2015-18), Ogunbowale (2017), Jaguars RB Chris Thompson (2014-19) and offensive assistant Chris O'Hara (2017-19) all spent time with the organization…Packers head coach Matt LaFleur also coached for Washington when Thompson was a rookie in 2013…LaFleur coached with Jaguars secondary/safeties coach Joe Danna for Central Michigan in 2004-05 and with Jaguars running backs coach Terry Robiskie in Atlanta in 2015…Hackett, Gruden and Jaguars defensive coordinator Todd Wash coached together for the Buccaneers in 2007…Jaguars secondary/cornerbacks coach Tim Walton served as a defensive intern for the Packers in 2001…Packers senior analyst Butch Barry served as the Buccaneers assistant offensive line coach from 2015-18 when Jaguars offensive line coach George Warhop held the same position for Tampa Bay…Packers outside linebackers coach Mike Smith and Packers S Will Redmond both spent time with the Chiefs organization when Jaguars WR Chris Conley and TE James O'Shaughnessy were on the roster…Redmond, Packers offensive line coach Adam Stenavich and Jaguars DE/LB Aaron Lynch all spent time with the 49ers in 2017…Lynch and Packers S Adrian Amos played together for the Bears in 2018…Amos and Jaguars QB Mike Glennon played together in Chicago during the 2017 season…Packers G/T Billy Turner and Jaguars DE Adam Gotsis played together for the Broncos from 2016-18…Packers LB Za'Darius Smith and T Rick Wagner played with Jaguars LB Kamalei Correa while with the Ravens…Correa was on the Titans' roster when LaFleur served as the team's offensive coordinator in 2018…Packers co-director of player personnel John Wojciechowski spent five years (1998-2002) working in Jacksonville's personnel department...Former college teammates include: Packers P JK Scott and Jaguars OL Cam Robinson (Alabama); Packers DL Montravius Adams and Jaguars S Daniel Thomas (Auburn); Packers LB Rashan Gary, G Jon Runyan and Jaguars CB Brandon Watson and S Jarrod Wilson (Michigan); Packers LS Hunter Bradley, G Elgton Jenkins, S Will Redmond, LB Preston Smith and Jaguars P Logan Cooke (Mississippi State); Packers WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling and Jaguars S Josh Jones and OL Will Richardson Jr. (North Carolina State); Packers WR Darrius Shepherd and Jaguars TE Ben Ellefson (North Dakota State); Packers C Corey Linsley and Jaguars OL Andrew Norwell (Ohio State); Packers DL Kenny Clark and Jaguars LB Myles Jack (UCLA); Packers LB Oren Burks and Jaguars CB Tre Herndon (Vanderbilt); Packers CB Kevin King and Jaguars CB Sidney Jones IV (Washington); Packers T Rick Wagner and Jaguars RB Dare Ogunbowale and LB Joe Schobert (Wisconsin).