The Green Bay Packers and Humana Inc. honored 10 Community Quarterback Award winners Tuesday, Jan. 29, and hosted the recipients at a luncheon in the Legends Club inside the Lambeau Field Atrium.
The recipients were recognized for their work in the community. Each Community Quarterback Award winner received a $4,000 grant for his/her non-profit group, two tickets to the Dec. 23 Packers vs. Tennessee Titans game where they were recognized on the field and two pregame tailgate passes.
"These individuals stand as inspiring role models for all of us," said Packers President/CEO Mark Murphy. "The Green Bay Packers are honored to recognize their commitment to their communities and the dedication they demonstrate in their volunteer work."
Funded by the Green Bay Packers, NFL Charities and Humana Inc., the Community Quarterback Award recognizes outstanding volunteers within the state of Wisconsin. Non-profit (501(c)(3) or 509) organizations nominated outstanding volunteers who demonstrate leadership, dedication and a commitment to bettering their communities through volunteerism. The volunteers are not compensated for their services.
New this year, the award is presented by Humana Inc., which provided each winner with the game tickets to the Dec. 23 Titans game and the pregame tailgate access. In addition, Humana contributed $20,000, bringing the total amount awarded to $40,000.
The winners of the 2012 Community Quarterback Awards and their affiliations are as follows:
- Dawn Marcott of Eau Claire — Make-A-Wish Foundation of Wisconsin Inc., Butler
- Ruth Silverman of Channahon, Ill. — Camp Anokijig, Plymouth
- Jeanette Tobler of Appleton — Community Clothes Closet Inc., Menasha
- Marie Fonder of Green Bay — Literacy Green Bay Inc., Green Bay
- Jean O'Brien and Lynn Van Zeeland of Appleton — Community Outreach Temporary Services Inc., Appleton
- Sheboygan Symphony Carolers — Sheboygan Symphony Orchestra Inc., Sheboygan
- Casey DeGrand of Luxemburg — Rob DeGrand Memorial Foundation, Luxemburg
- Aileen Koenigs of Fond du Lac — Arc of Fond du Lac Inc., Fond du Lac
- Hannah Scolare of Green Bay — Evergreen Productions Inc., Green Bay
- Travis Revolinski of Green Bay — Volunteer Center Inc., Green Bay
For more information on the Community Quarterback Award, please visit www.packers.com (http://www.packers.com/community/community-programs/community-quarterback.html) or contact the Packers' community outreach department at 920/569-7323.
Humana Inc., (NYSE: HUM) headquartered in Louisville, Kentucky, is a leading consumer-focused health care company that offers a wide range of insurance products and health and wellness services that incorporate an integrated approach to lifelong well-being. By leveraging the strengths of its core businesses, Humana believes it can better explore opportunities for existing and emerging adjacencies in health care that can further enhance wellness opportunities for the millions of people across the nation with whom the company has relationships. More information regarding Humana is available on the company's web site at www.humana.com.