The Green Bay Packers and Humana Inc. honored 10 Community Quarterback Award winners Friday, Nov. 6, and hosted the recipients at a luncheon in the Legends Club inside the Lambeau Field Atrium.
The recipients were recognized for their work in the community. Each Community Quarterback Award winner received a $4,000 grant for his/her non-profit group and two tickets to the Jan. 3 Packers-Vikings game, where they will be recognized on the field.
"The Packers are proud to honor these inspiring role models," said Packers President/CEO Mark Murphy. "Our community is a better place because of their dedication as volunteers for local organizations."
Funded by the Green Bay Packers, Green Bay Packers Foundation, NFL Foundation and Humana Inc., the Community Quarterback Award recognizes outstanding volunteers within the state of Wisconsin. Non-profit 501(c)(3) organizations nominated outstanding volunteers who demonstrate leadership, dedication and a commitment to bettering their communities through volunteerism. The volunteers are not compensated for their services.
The award is presented by Humana Inc., which provided each winner with the tickets to the Jan. 3 Packers-Vikings game. In addition, Humana contributed $20,000, bringing the total amount awarded to $40,000.
"Humana is thrilled to once again partner with the Packers to recognize local individuals who have gone above and beyond to give back," said Tami Quiram, president of Humana's large and small group division. "Healthy communities are built by the hands of many, and we are privileged to support volunteerism efforts in Green Bay and throughout the country."
The winners of the 2015 Community Quarterback Awards and their affiliations are as follows:
- Cindi MacSwain of Appleton – Homeless Connections, Appleton
- Mark Keup of New Berlin – Heritage Christian Schools Inc., New Berlin
- Audrey Hemmer of Greenfield – Audio & Braille Literacy Enhancement Inc., Milwaukee
- Carol Bush of Green Bay – Encompass Early Education and Care, Inc., Green Bay**
- Todd Mandel of Sparta –Civil Air Patrol, Madison
- William Kocken of Green Bay –4th H.O.O.A.H. WI., Green Bay
- Sue DeBruin of Seymour –Friends of the Bay Beach Wildlife Sanctuary Inc., Green Bay* *
- Kevin McAdam of Stevens Point –2617 Club Ltd, Stevens Point
- Michael George of Madison –Wisconsin Youth Symphony Orchestra, Madison
- Carter and Caragan Olles of De Pere –Bright Young Dyslexics Foundation Inc., De Pere* *
Please visit www.packers.com/community/community-programs/community-quarterback.html for more information about the Community Quarterback Award.
Humana Inc., headquartered in Louisville, Kentucky, is a leading health and well-being company focused on making it easy for people to achieve their best health with clinical excellence through coordinated care. The company's strategy integrates care delivery, the member experience, and clinical and consumer insights to encourage engagement, behavior change, proactive clinical outreach and wellness for the millions of people the company serves across the country. More information regarding Humana is available via the company's web site at www.humana.com.