The Green Bay Packers and USA Football, the sport's national governing body and a youth football development partner of the NFL, recently awarded USA Football spring grants to help advance youth football programs throughout Wisconsin. Local Wisconsin youth football programs receiving a grant include:
- Appleton North Chargers
- Appleton Youth Football Association
- Beaver Dam Youth Football Inc
- Brown Deer Youth Football
- Catholic Youth Football Club in Franklin
- Chippewa Falls Youth Football
- City of Darlington Parks & Recreation
- City of Oconomowoc Parks, Recreation & Forestry
- Columbus Football Organization
- Cuda Youth Football in Colby
- De Pere Youth Football League
- DeForest Area Youth Football League
- Eastside Youth Athletics (Warner Park) in Madison
- Fox Valley Pop Warner Football in Appleton
- Hartford Youth Football Club
- Kewaskum Gridiron Club
- Lake Mills Area School District
- Marquette Jr. Hilltoppers in Milwaukee
- Mauston Youth Football
- McFarland Youth Football Inc.
- Memorial Spartans Youth Football in Madison
- Menomonee Falls Youth Football
- Milwaukee Bobcats
- MKE Chosen Ones in Milwaukee
- Monroe Blaze Football - Green County Family YMCA
- Mount Horeb Barneveld Youth Football
- Mvo game changers in Brown Deer
- Neighborhood Childrens Sports League in Milwaukee
- Oak Creek Youth Football
- Oshkosh Eagles
- Poynette Panthers Youth Football in Lodi
- Saint Mary Catholic Middle School in Neenah
- Sauk Prairie Youth Football in Sauk City
- Sheboygan Youth Football
- Slinger Gridiron in West Bend
- Southside Raiders Youth Football & Cheerleading in Madison
- St. Francis Xavier Football in Cross Plains
- Sun Prairie Youth Football
- Watertown Youth Football Junior Goslings
- West Allis Nathan Hale Jr. Huskies
"The Packers are proud to help provide several dozen local football programs with these grants," said Packers President/CEO Mark Murphy. "Along with USA Football and the NFL Foundation, we are dedicated to ensuring youth and school programs can access the resources and equipment they need to help young players excel in a safe and healthy environment."
Complementing the Packers' continued support of grassroots football across Wisconsin, USA Football's grant program awards new equipment and resources to local youth football programs based on merit and need. Made possible by NFL Foundation support, USA Football's grant program helps children in our area stay active and enjoy the fun and fitness of America's favorite sport.
"We are pleased to stand with the Packers in a shared commitment to children across the Wisconsin," said USA Football CEO Scott Hallenbeck. "Together with the NFL Foundation, the health and well-being of our children is our top priority. The thousands of moms and dads who volunteer to coach and guide kids under their care also inspire our work and vocation."
Nationwide, USA Football's spring grant recipients represent 49 states as more than 1,600 youth sports organizations were awarded approximately $900,000 in new football equipment for their children. Throughout the 2022 calendar year, USA Football will award up to $2 million in grants to deserving youth football leagues and multi-sport youth programs. Since 2006, in partnership with the Packers, USA Football has awarded more than $15 million in grants to youth and school-based football programs, which has directly benefitted more than 500,000 youth and high school players across 9,500 programs in all 50 states and Washington, D.C.
About USA Football: USA Football designs and delivers premier educational, developmental and competitive programs to advance and grow the sport. As the sport's national governing body, member of the U.S. Olympic Committee and organizer of the U.S. National Team for international competition, USA Football partners with leaders in medicine, child advocacy and athletics to support positive football experiences for youth, high school and other amateur players.
About The NFL Foundation: The NFL is a non-profit organization dedicated to improving the lives of those touched by the game of football – from players at all levels to communities across the country. The NFL Foundation represents the 32 NFL clubs and supports the health, safety and wellness of athletes, youth football, and the communities that support our game. For more information on The NFL Foundation, visit: www.NFLFoundation.org.