The Green Bay Packers today announced the schedule for 2019 Packers Training Camp, presented by Bellin Health. As in the past, practices are scheduled to take place at Ray Nitschke Field and Packers Family Night will be at Lambeau Field. All practices that are open to the public will take place at 10:15 a.m., except for the joint practices with the Houston Texans, which are to be determined.
With a theme of "Back to Football," training camp kicks off with a practice on Thursday, July 25. It will be the first of four straight practices as part of the opening week.
The Packers will hold three practices (July 30-31 and August 1), before Family Night takes place at Lambeau Field on Friday, Aug. 2. On Sunday, August 4, the team will hold an open practice before welcoming the Houston Texans for two joint practices on August 5-6 prior to facing them in the preseason opener at home on Aug. 8.
Following the preseason contest against the Texans, Green Bay will hold three open practices (Aug. 10, Aug. 11 and Aug. 13), before going on the road to face the Baltimore Ravens on Aug. 15.
The Packers will have the final two open practices of training camp on Aug. 18-19, leading into a preseason game against the Oakland Raiders in Winnipeg on Aug. 22. The team's final preseason contest will take place at Lambeau Field on Aug. 29 against Kansas City Chiefs.
Should inclement weather or any other factor force the team indoors, practices will be closed to the public due to space limitations inside the Don Hutson Center. Please also note that all practice dates and times are subject to change.
2019 Training Camp Schedule
The 2019 Training Camp Schedule is here! Print the schedule or add it to your calendar.
The annual Packers Family Night, presented by Bellin Health, is scheduled for Friday evening, Aug. 2, at Lambeau Field. The format will be a full practice to accomplish the team's preparation goals for the regular season. The evening remains family-focused and will feature a game-like atmosphere with use of the video boards featuring promotions by Fleet Farm and Oshkosh Corporation, as well as gameday music and a fireworks show at the end of the night. The doors for the event will open at 5:30 p.m. and the team will be introduced on the field at 7:30 p.m.
Green Bay's two home preseason games, presented by Bellin Health, are slated for Aug. 8, vs. Houston, and Aug. 29, vs. Kansas City. The Packers' two road preseason contests are at Baltimore, Aug. 15, and vs. Oakland in Winnipeg, Aug. 22.
Important dates on the preseason calendar include:
- Friday, July 19 – Packers 1K Kids Run, presented by Edvest, 6 p.m.
- Saturday, July 20 – Packers 5K Run/Walk, presented by Bellin Health, Lambeau Field, 8 a.m.
- Monday, July 22 – Rookie players report
- Wednesday, July 24 – Head Coach Matt LaFleur's season-opening press conference, 10 a.m.
- Wednesday, July 24 – Veteran players report
- Wednesday, July 24 – Packers Annual Meeting of Shareholders, 11 a.m.
- Thursday, July 25 – First practice, 10:15 a.m., Ray Nitschke Field
- Thursday, July 25 – Saturday, July 27 – Packers Experience, three-day free festival, presented by American Family Insurance, Bellin Health, Fleet Farm and Old El Paso.
- Friday, Aug. 2 – Family Night, presented by Bellin Health, Lambeau Field
- Sunday, Aug. 11 – 100th Birthday Celebration: Join the Packers in the Lambeau Field Atrium for a free public event to celebrate the team's 100th birthday. Full details of the event will be shared in July.
- Monday, Aug. 19 – Last practice open to public, 10:15 a.m., Ray Nitschke Field
According to the Greater Green Bay Convention and Visitors Bureau and a 2010 study by AECOM, training camp, along with Packers Family Night, presented by Bellin Health, will attract approximately 90,000 visitors from across the nation and as many as 20 foreign countries, with an economic total impact estimated at approximately $9 million. As the beginning of this year's training camp includes the free, three-day fan festival, Packers Experience, the area may enjoy an even greater amount of visitors and an enhanced financial boost to many local businesses.
This marks Green Bay's 74th training camp, a tradition that began in 1946 under Curly Lambeau. One of the most intimate preseason settings in the NFL, Packers training camp is unique in several respects. Players have been riding kids' bicycles to practice since the Vince Lombardi era, a tradition that now includes five special bikes as part of the American Family Insurance DreamDrive. The team has lived in the dorm rooms at nearby St. Norbert College since 1958, the league's longest training-camp relationship between a team and school.
For the most up-to-date information on the many activities throughout training camp, fans are encouraged to visit **_www.packers.com_**.
Open Practice Dates:
- Thursday, July 25 - 10:15 a.m.
- Friday, July 26 - 10:15 a.m.
- Saturday, July 27 - 10:15 a.m.
- Sunday, July 28 - 10:15 a.m.
- Tuesday, July 30 - 10:15 a.m.
- Wednesday, July 31 - 10:15 a.m.
- Thursday, August 1 - 10:15 a.m.
- Friday, August 2 - 7:30 p.m. - **Family Night**
- Sunday, August 4 - 10:15 a.m.
- Monday, August 5 - Time TBD - Joint practice with the Houston Texans
- Tuesday, August 6 - Time TBD - Joint practice with the Houston Texans
- Thursday, August 8 - Preseason Game - Packers vs. Texans - 7 p.m.
- Saturday, August 10 - 10:15 a.m.
- Sunday, August 11 - 10:15 a.m.
- Tuesday, August 13 - 10:15 a.m.
- Thursday, August 15 - Preseason Game - Packers at Ravens - 6:30 p.m.
- Sunday, August 18 - 10:15 a.m.
- Monday, August 19 - 10:15 a.m.
- Tuesday, August 20 - No Public Practice
- Thursday, August 22 - Preseason Game - Packers at Raiders - 7 p.m. (at IG Field in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada)
- Sunday, August 25 - No Public Practice
- Monday, August 26 - No Public Practice
- Tuesday, August 27 - No Public Practice
- Thursday, August 29 - Preseason Game - Packers vs. Chiefs - 7 p.m.