TRAINING-CAMP PRACTICE BEGINS IN GREEN BAY
The Packers will hold their first practice of the 2022 training camp on July 27 at 10:30 a.m.
- 2022 marks Green Bay's 77th training camp, a tradition that began in 1946 under Curly Lambeau.
- It will be the 14th summer that Green Bay will practice at Nitschke Field, just a short walk or ride away from the team facility.
- Should inclement weather or any other factor force the team indoors, practices will be closed to the public due to space limitations inside the Don Hutson Center.
- Returning to Packers Training Camp this year will be the American Family Insurance DreamDrive bike tradition, which will take place in its typical format. Kids are invited to bring their bikes to each open practice day and offer the players a ride from Lambeau Field to Ray Nitschke Field. Due to construction on the east side of Lambeau Field, the bike path may be adjusted from the layout used in recent years.
- Green Bay will have three practices open to the public in the first week (July 27-28, 30).
- The Packers will also hold three public practices (Aug. 1-2, 4) for the second week.
- After a day off following Family Night, Green Bay will have three practices open to the public (Aug. 7-8, 10).
- The Packers will close out the public portion of training camp the following week with the a couple of joint practices (Aug. 16-17) with the New Orleans Saints.
- There will be three preseason games played, two away and one at home, to tune up for the second year of a 17-game regular season.
- Media availability will be conducted with a combination of in-person press conferences and open locker room.
- Green Bay will not be using its customary training-camp arrangements at St. Norbert College again this summer due to construction projects that are upgrading residence halls on campus. Prior to 2020, St. Norbert College had hosted the Packers for training camp since 1958, with players residing in an on-campus residence hall and eating dinner in the college's commons.
- The Packers will use their facilities at Lambeau Field for their entire training-camp operations, including practice, meals and meetings.
- Family Night will take place on Friday, Aug. 5, at Lambeau Field. The format will be a full practice to accomplish the team's preparation goals for the regular season. The evening remains family-focused and will feature a game-like atmosphere. The doors for the event will open at 5:30 p.m. and the team will take the field for warmups at 7 p.m. with practice starting at 7:30 p.m.
- Ahead of Packers Family Night, Titletown and the Greater Green Bay YMCA will kick off the evening with the free Titletown Family Fest from 3 to 7 p.m. on Friday, Aug. 5. Families and visitors of all ages are invited to join Titletown and the YMCA for games, live entertainment, activities for kids of all ages, bounce houses and more ahead of the Packers practice.
SAVE THE DATE
Important dates to remember (all times CT):
- Wednesday, July 27 – First practice, 10:30 a.m., Nitschke Field
- Friday, Aug. 5 – Family Night, presented by Bellin Health, Lambeau Field, 7:30 p.m.
- Friday, Aug. 12 – First preseason game, at San Francisco 49ers, 7:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, Aug. 16 – Roster reduction to a maximum of 85 players by 3 p.m.
- Friday, Aug. 19 – Second preseason game, vs. New Orleans Saints, 7 p.m.
- Tuesday, Aug. 23 – Roster reduction to a maximum of 80 players by 3 p.m.
- Thursday, Aug. 25 – Final preseason game, at Kansas City Chiefs, 7 p.m.
- Tuesday, Aug. 30 – Roster reduction to a maximum of 53 players by 3 p.m.
- Wednesday, Aug. 31 – Upon receipt of the personnel notice, clubs may establish a practice squad of 16 players
- Sunday, Sept. 11 – Regular-season opener at Minnesota Vikings, U.S. Bank Stadium, 3:25 p.m.
- Sunday, Sept. 18 – Home opener vs. Chicago Bears, Lambeau Field, 7:20 p.m.
BREAKING DOWN THE ROSTER
The Packers enter training camp with a 90-man roster that is composed of 43 offensive players, 42 defensive players and five specialists.
- Of the 90 players on Green Bay's roster, 39 of them (43.3 percent) were draft picks of the Packers.
- Green Bay has 11 players that were drafted in the first round, including nine that were selected by the Packers.
- Green Bay has 36 players on the roster that began their careers as undrafted free agents.
- 62.2 percent of the players (56 of 90) on Green Bay's roster entered the league as a sixth-round or seventh-round pick or as an undrafted player.
- Of the 90 players on the roster, 79 of them (87.8 percent) are 28 years old or younger (as of July 27) and 51 players (56.7 percent) are 24 years old or younger.
- Of the 90 players on the roster, 71 of them (78.9 percent) played collegiately in the "Power Five" conferences (ACC, Big 10, Big 12, Pac-12 and SEC).
- The conference most represented on the roster is the SEC with 20 players while the Big Ten is No. 2 with 16.