The Green Bay Packers (3-5) take a trip to play the Detroit Lions (1-6) this Sunday.
- The Packers have won two of the last three contests at Detroit and five of the last six games overall.
- Green Bay has scored 30-plus points in each of the last four games vs. Detroit. It is the longest streak by the Packers against the Lions since four straight in 2007-08 and tied for the longest by Green Bay in the series.
- The Packers lead the regular-season series, 103-73-7 (.582), and have won both postseason contests the two clubs have played.
- Green Bay's 103 regular-season wins over the Lions are the most it has against any team.
- The Packers swept the season series in two of the last three seasons and 11 times in the last 18 years.
- Green Bay has won two of the last three games played at Detroit.
- Green Bay has a 32-12 overall mark against Detroit since 2000, a .727 winning percentage that ranks No. 2 among NFL teams that have played the Lions more than 10 times over that span (Minnesota, 33-12, .733), according to Stathead.com.
- Since 2020, QB Aaron Rodgers has completed 318 of 436 passes (72.9 pct.) for 3,667 yards and 40 TDs with one INT for a 127.5 rating (No. 1 in NFL) against divisional opponents.
WITH THE CALL
FOX Sports, now in its 29th season as an NFL network television partner, will broadcast the game.
- Play-by-play man Kevin Burkhardt joins analyst Greg Olsen and sideline reporters Erin Andrews and Tom Rinaldi.
- DIRECTV subscribers can watch the game with NFL Sunday Ticket on Channel 711.
- All Packers games can be heard on the Packers Radio Network, which is made up of 49 stations in Wisconsin, Michigan, Minnesota, Illinois and South Dakota. This year, the Packers transitioned to a new flagship station in Milwaukee, iHeartRadio Milwaukee's 97.3 The Game WRNW. For a full listing of radio affiliates, go to packers.com/video/radio-network. Wayne Larrivee (play-by-play) and two-time Packers Pro Bowler Larry McCarren (analyst) call the action. McCarren first joined the team's broadcasts in 1995 and enters his 28th season calling Packers games. After originally being paired together in 1999, McCarren and Larrivee enter their 24th season of broadcasts together. They surpassed Jim Irwin and Max McGee for the most regular-season and postseason games broadcast for the Packers with 313 at the 2018 season opener against Chicago.
- The Packers' radio broadcast is also available on a mobile device through the Packers app or packers.com for anyone that lives in the state of Wisconsin. If you live outside the state, you can stream the game broadcast from a desktop computer through packers.com. It is also available via subscription on Sirius Satellite Radio or NFL Plus (nfl.com/plus).
THE DOPE ON THIS WEEK'S OPPONENT
Packers at Lions:
- Regular season, all-time: 103-73-7
- All-time, postseason: 2-0
- All-time, at Detroit (regular season): 42-46-3 (12-8 at Ford Field)
- Streaks: Green Bay has won five of the last six meetings.
- Last meeting, regular season: Jan. 9, 2022, Ford Field, Lions won, 37-30
- Matt LaFleur: 44-18-0, .710; (2-3 postseason); 4th NFL season
- Dan Campbell: 9-26-1, .264; (0-0 postseason); 2nd NFL season
- Head to Head: LaFleur 1-1 vs. Campbell
- vs. Opponent: LaFleur 5-1 vs. Lions; Campbell 1-1 vs. Packers
MATT LaFLEUR…In his fourth season as the Packers' 15th head coach.
- In his 14th season in the NFL, having previously served as an offensive coordinator for two seasons (L.A. Rams, 2017; Tennessee, 2018), a quarterbacks coach for six seasons (Washington, 2010-13; Atlanta, 2015-16), and an offensive assistant for two seasons (Houston, 2008-09).
- In his first three seasons leading the Packers, has authored one of the greatest starts to a head-coaching career in NFL history. With a 13-4 record in 2021, led the Packers to a third straight NFC North crown while also earning the No. 1 seed in the NFC for the second consecutive season.
- Became the first coach in NFL history to post 13-plus wins in three straight seasons and his 39 wins from 2019-21 passed George Seifert (38) for the most wins by a head coach in his first three seasons in the league (Elias Sports Bureau). His 39 wins are also tied for the second most by a coach over any three-season span in NFL history, trailing only Mike Ditka's 40 wins with the Chicago Bears 1985-87.
- Guided the Packers to a 22-2 record (.917) in the regular season at Lambeau Field in 2019-21, the top mark in the NFL over that span and the best home winning percentage by a Packers head coach in his first three seasons. His 22 wins at home were also the most in NFL history by a coach in his first three seasons.
- In 2019, became the first coach in club history to lead the team to the playoffs in his debut season. Also led the largest one-year win improvement in team history (plus-seven).
DAN CAMPBELL…In his second season as the Lions' 28th head coach.
- Is the fifth former Lions player to be named full-time head coach for the team and the first since Joe Schmidt, who played for Detroit from 1953-65 and served as head coach from 1967-72.
- Has 23 years of NFL experience to the Lions, including 12 years as a coach and 11 as a player. Most recently served as the assistant head coach/tight ends coach for the New Orleans Saints from 2016–2020.
- In 2015, became the Miami Dolphins' interim head coach following organizational changes, where he took over a 1-3 team that had lost three consecutive contests and immediately helped the team win its first two games under his leadership. The Dolphins finished 5-7 under him that season.
- A third-round selection by the Giants in the 1999 NFL Draft, the former tight end appeared in 114 total career games (76 starts) and caught 91 passes for 934 yards and 11 touchdowns.
THE PACKERS-LIONS SERIES
- The Week 17 victory in 2019 gave the Packers their 100th regular-season win against Detroit. Green Bay's now 103 regular-season victories against the Lions are the club's most against any one opponent.
- Green Bay won 29 of the first 38 matchups in the series before the Lions reeled off 11 straight wins over a six-year span (1949-54).
- The teams have met twice in the postseason, with the first playoff matchup in the Wild Card round of the 1993 season. That game saw QB Brett Favre find WR Sterling Sharpe for a game-winning 40-yard score with less than a minute to go, marking the first playoff win for the Packers in more than 10 years.
Packers TE Robert Tonyan entered the NFL with the Lions as an undrafted free agent in 2017…Packers head coach Matt LaFleur is from Mount Pleasant, Mich., and played quarterback at Saginaw Valley State (2000-02). LaFleur later became an offensive assistant at his alma mater (2003), and then a graduate assistant at Central Michigan (2004-05) and quarterbacks/wide receivers coach at Northern Michigan (2006)...Packers defense coordinator Joe Barry held the same role with the Lions for two seasons (2007-08)…Barry also played at Michigan from 1989-90…Packers offensive coordinator Adam Stenavich played at Michigan (2002-05) and later was a strength and conditioning intern (2011) and a graduate assistant (2012-13) for the Wolverines...Packers LB Rashan Gary (2016-18) and G Jon Runyan (2016-19) both played at the University of Michigan…Packers LB Eric Wilson attended Lee M. Thurston High School in Redford, Mich. …Lions RB Jamaal Williams spent the first four seasons of his career with Green Bay (2017-20)…Lions senior personnel executive John Dorsey spent 21 years as an executive with the Packers (1991-98, 2000-12) and also played in 76 games for the Packers from 1984-88...LaFleur and Barry were with the Rams when Lions QB Jared Goff, WR Josh Reynolds and DE Michael Brockers were on the roster and when Lions general manager Brad Holmes served as the Rams' director of college scouting…Lions quarterbacks coach Mark Brunell was selected by the Packers in the fifth round of the 1993 NFL Draft and spent the first two seasons of his career (1993-94) in Green Bay…Packers chief of staff Darryl Franklin spent three years as a graduate assistant at Central Michigan University and was a player personnel intern with the Lions in 2008...Packers defensive line/running game coordinator Jerry Montgomery served in the same role at Michigan from 2011-12...Green Bay running backs coach Ben Sirmans coached at Michigan State for two seasons (2005-06)...Packers safeties coach Ryan Downard played safety at Eastern Michigan from 2007-10...Lions defensive coordinator Aaron Glenn coached with Downard in Cleveland from 2014-15 and played with Packers TE Marcedes Lewis in Jacksonville in 2007…Lions head equipment manager Tim O'Neil spent six seasons as an equipment assistant in Green Bay (1995-2000)…Former college teammates include: Packers C/G Josh Myers and Lions CB Jeff Okudah (Ohio State), Packers CB Shemar Jean-Charles and Lions DL Demetrius Taylor (Appalachian State); Packers RB AJ Dillion, LB Isaiah McDuffie and Lions CB Will Harris (Boston College); Packers WR Amari Rodgers and Lions DL Austin Bryant (Clemson); Packers CB Eric Stokes, LB Quay Walker, DL Devonte Wyatt and Lions RB D'Andre Swift (Georgia); Packers S Darnell Savage and Lions LB Josh Woods (Maryland); Packers G Jon Runyan and Lions DL Aidan Hutchinson (Michigan); Packers G/T Royce Newman and Lions DL Benito Jones (Mississippi); Packers DL Dean Lowry and Lions RB Justin Jackson (Northwestern).