GREEN BAY -- The Packers reduced their roster to the mandated 53-player limit on Saturday. Here's how it breaks down by position, followed by some notes. Roster moves made on Sunday and Tuesday are also noted as updates and are underlined.
QB (2): 12 A. Rodgers, 7 B. Hundley
Released: 6 J. Callahan, 8. T. Hill
RB (4): 88 T. Montgomery, 30 J. Williams, 33 A. Jones, 32 D. Mays
Released: 34 K. Phillips
FB (1): 22 A. Ripkowski
Injured reserve: 40 J. Kerridge
See headshots and action shots of the complete Green Bay Packers 2017 roster
WR (5): 87 J. Nelson, 17 D. Adams, 18 R. Cobb, 83 J. Janis, 11 T. Davis
Reserve/suspended: 81 G. Allison
*Released: 89 M. Clark, 13 M. McCaffrey, 19 M. Dupre, 16 D. Yancey, 9 M. Crockett
TE (3): 80 M. Bennett, 84 L. Kendricks, 82 R. Rodgers
Released: 86 A. Peck, 49 E. Byrd
OL (9): 63 C. Linsley, 65 L. Taylor, 73 J. Evans, 69 D. Bakhtiari, 75 B. Bulaga, 68 K. Murphy, 78 J. Spriggs, 62 L. Patrick, 64 J. McCray
*Released: 60 T. Evans, 74 G. Gray, 77 A. Pankey, 79 K. Amichia, 70 R. Leff
Update: 67 D. Barclay to IR
DL (6): 76 M. Daniels, 94 D. Lowry, 97 K. Clark, 95 R. Jean Francois, 91 Q. Dial, 90 M. Adams**
*Released: 96 B. Price, 71 I. Lunsford, 72 C. Heurtelou
Update: 91 Q. Dial signed, 99 C. Ringo released
LB (8): 52 C. Matthews, 53 N. Perry, 47 J. Ryan, 50 B. Martinez, 48 J. Thomas, 51 K. Fackrell, 55 A. Brooks, 98 C. Odom
Physically unable to perform: 45 V. Biegel
Injured reserve: 57 D. Talley
*Released: 56 J. Calvin, 55 C. Heiman, 49 D. Mathews, 93 R. Gilbert, 58 J. Tripp, 59 J. Letuligasenoa
Update: 55 A. Brooks signed, 98 C. Odom claimed, 91 J. Elliott traded to Dallas
CB (7): 31 D. House, 23 D. Randall, 24 Q. Rollins, 20 K. King, 28 J. Hawkins, 36 L. Gunter, 41 L. Pipkins
Physically unable to perform: 39 D. Goodson
*Released: 38 D. Holmes, 46 R. Pringle, 44 D. Brown
S (5): 21 H. Clinton-Dix, 42 M. Burnett, 27 J. Jones, 29 K. Brice, 25 M. Evans
*Released: 37 A. Taylor, 35 J. Whitehead
Spec (3): 2 M. Crosby, 5 J. Vogel, 61 B. Goode
- The initial roster consisted of 25 offensive players, 25 defensive players, and three specialists. The balance shifted to 26 defense, 24 offense after Sunday's moves.
- The Packers kept five running backs total, including one fullback, as all three draft picks at the position made it.
- The 10 offensive linemen initially kept were the most at that position since 2010, when they also kept 10. The number dropped to nine when Barclay was placed on IR.
- The Packers kept only two quarterbacks for the first time since 2013.
- Two undrafted rookies, CB Lenzy Pipkins and P Justin Vogel, made the roster. At least one undrafted rookie has made the roster every year of the Ted Thompson era, dating back to 2005.
- Starting the season on PUP, LB Vince Biegel and CB Demetri Goodson will not be eligible to practice for at least six weeks. After six weeks, a three-week window begins during which they can begin practicing and be placed on the active roster at any time. Once a player practices for the first time, another three-week window opens during which he must be placed on the active roster or be lost for the season.
- WR Geronimo Allison is suspended for Week 1. He is eligible to return to the active roster after the first game, but a corresponding roster move would be required if the Packers are at the 53-player limit.
- This roster isn't necessarily final. Waiver claims could lead to changes. Teams can begin signing players to their practice squads on Sunday afternoon after the waiver period expires. Update: Practice-squad signees were all players who were released on Saturday -- Amichia, Brown, Callahan, Clark, Gilbert, Lunsford, Mathews, Pankey, Whitehead, and Yancey.